Some bottles not rinsing well

I had two Dead Ringers yesterday. They were both from the same batch of beer. Triple rinsed both bottles with the jet washer. One was sparkling clean. The other had a very thin layer of yeast stuck to the bottom. I’ve noticed this before but then it was with different styles. Thought I just didn’t rinse some very well. Seems like there may be quality differences with the molds used to form bottles.

There were no Dead Ringers to go with the supper. Would have been appropriate though. My introduction to IPAs was a New Belgium Ranger with steak at a local restaurant.

That’s a very lonely meal without the brew… so sad, almost rings a tear to my eye… :cry:Sneezles61

I have a Chinook IPA in the primary that will be paired with the next steak.

Very good back up plan… I myself, well, relegated to balognia sandwiches… I am awaiting some brews to come of age… almost brisket time! Labor Day W/E!! Sneezles61

Call me crazy, but with steak, a beer or two goes with the grilling process, red wine goes with the meal. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:beers:
Rad

I had the beers while I was looking over the first time procedure for reverse searing the steak using the oven and stove top. No grill. Had no wines in the cupboard to go with the steak.

Reverse searing works very well! I’m doing alot of that now… I use a Weber charcoal grill… Sneezles61

Now I’m intrigued, have I been doing it backwards all these years? I am now going to have to try this on my next steak. Thanks. :innocent:

Rad

If you really want to get your freak on, sous vide that steak in your mash tun before you sear it! Even easier if you have a HERMS.

1 Like

The reason for my post was the problem encountered with some bottles not rinsing clean. The supper plate was an after thought. You guys just can’t comprehend/see anything beyond a good steak.

2 Likes

Guilty, very very guilty, sorry for furthering the derail. Just call me Pavlov’s dog with steak being my bell, I been salivating since I saw that picture. :joy:

Rad

1 Like

Let me help get it back on track… Throw out all questionable bottles… They make new ones every day! :sunglasses: Sneezles61

1 Like

I keep a small container of PBW by the kitchen sink.

After pouring a beer, I would rinse the bottle, and add small amount of PBW to the bottle with a knife.
Fill about quarter-full the hottest tap-water I can get, shake it a couple times, and let soak.

Rinse several times before bed, or more likely, the next morning.

That steak looks great. Breakfast time and I’m thinking of grilling. Oh, we were talking about bottles. How about a bottle brush? One step, B brite or PBW are helpful. I think B brite might be the least expensive.

Another reason for kegs.

1 Like

I now inspect each bottle after triple rinsing. Keep a 5 gallon bucket of weak PBW solution along side the sink. When it’s full a bottle brush on a battery powered drill.

I’ve been watching the kegging posts. No room for a large keezer though.

1 Like

There has to be something not needed as much as a keezer you could move out of doors, eh? Sneezles61

All you need to get started is a small dorm like fridge and a cobra tap… :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Booya.

Wouldn’t work for me. I need to have at least four different beers available. My beer moods are fickle.

Kegging can augment not limit your choices. I keg about 75% of the time now. I still bottle hefeweizens and saisons. Easier to pass out to friends and styles that I believe do well in bottles.

So…you could still keep a variety of beers on hand without a ginormous keezer.

1 Like