So many options, so little cash/oregon beers

Trying to hold my $$$ is difficult with all these fantastic beers on the shelves. The 2011 Abyss from deschutes is out. Hopworks Urban Brewery has a noggin floggin barley wine out that is the lightest color barley wine ive ever had, not to mention one of the most delicious. Oakshire brewing in Eugene has a imperial bourbon barrel aged stout called hellshire. Stones collaboration series teamed up with the Alchemist and Ninkasi to make a ‘more brown than black IPA’. Laurelwoods vinter varmer. Hopworks abominable. Widmers brrr, Ninkasi’s imperial stout… and more! anyone tried hellshire, or noggin floggin?

how am i supposed to buy christmas presents :shock:

put down each of those beers on a list. give one name to any of the people who you know are getting you gifts.

I always felt the same way at Lee’s Discount in Vegas. great selection, not enough cash. now I gotta drive to Mankato for a decent selection.

[quote=“S.Scoggin”]Trying to hold my $$$ is difficult with all these fantastic beers on the shelves. The 2011 Abyss from deschutes is out. Hopworks Urban Brewery has a noggin floggin barley wine out that is the lightest color barley wine ive ever had, not to mention one of the most delicious. Oakshire brewing in Eugene has a imperial bourbon barrel aged stout called hellshire. Stones collaboration series teamed up with the Alchemist and Ninkasi to make a ‘more brown than black IPA’. Laurelwoods vinter varmer. Hopworks abominable. Widmers brrr, Ninkasi’s imperial stout… and more! anyone tried hellshire, or noggin floggin?

how am i supposed to buy christmas presents :shock: [/quote]
Buy yourself some Hellshire. One of their brewers used to brew at my local brewpub and his barrel aged beers were fantastic.

[quote=“BrewingRover”]
Buy yourself some Hellshire. One of their brewers used to brew at my local brewpub and his barrel aged beers were fantastic.[/quote]

i did :mrgreen: im going to try it tonite with a friend who just returned from over seas.

i also got an abyss for aging :cheers:

[quote=“Edward Teach”]put down each of those beers on a list. give one name to any of the people who you know are getting you gifts.

I always felt the same way at Lee’s Discount in Vegas. great selection, not enough cash. now I gotta drive to Mankato for a decent selection.[/quote]

great idea for those over 21. i might just have to do that for friends who appreciate a good beer

drinking the hellshire imperial bourbon barrel stout right now… and it definitely has a sour/tart flavor on the nose that is not advertised or mentioned in the description… i wonder if its contaminated?

edit: it had no head either. but the carbonation seemed right. the body was too light i thought. the sourness reminded me of clutch from new belgium, not a puckering or lingering sour; but its definitely there.

update: looks like the oakshire was indeed contaminated. unfortunate, hope the brewery didn’t take too bad of a hit from it

http://oakbrew.com/2012/01/05/hellshire ... -concerns/

[quote=“S.Scoggin”]update: looks like the oakshire was indeed contaminated. unfortunate, hope the brewery didn’t take too bad of a hit from it

http://oakbrew.com/2012/01/05/hellshire ... -concerns/[/quote]

That;s too bad, but it’s good to see them making it right. Matt’s a hell of a guy, so I wouldn’t expect any less, though.

[quote=“BrewingRover”]
That;s too bad, but it’s good to see them making it right. Matt’s a hell of a guy, so I wouldn’t expect any less, though.[/quote]

i’ve met him once, and very much enjoyed our conversation. although this beer was no good; they will never lose my business