So here's a list of what I've brewed

In no particular order. What should I do next?

Ahtanum Pale Ale
Odell IPA Clone
Pineapple Wheat
A Zymurgy Double IPA
Honey Cream Ale
Bourbon Oak Stout
IRA (3 times, house recipe I’m honing)
Hoppy black ale, not quite CDA
Belgian IPA
Columbus IPA (the irony of that name still cracks me up)
90 Shilling clone
Sweet Cherry Stout
Papazian’s Palalia IPA
Watermelon Wheat (fermenting)
Chainbreaker-ish (fermenting)
Hop Venom Clone attempt n.1 (fermenting)
Fermenting (stilllllllllll) a Kriek
Chocolate espresso milk stout (fermenting)

Something that interest you?

Premium Bitter
ESB
Brown Ale
Amber Ale

Ed has a nice amber on tap right now. I think it’s a tweak on one of Jamil’s recipes. You could check that out. What about a nice refreshing wheat for the crazy hot summer ahead? Or a Belgium pale? Do you like hefe’s?

How did your red go? I am doing a premium bitter tomorrow. And got the yeast to do a saison here soon.

How about a pumpkin ale that would condition for a few months in time for Sept/Oct time frame?

Mentioning only because that is on my list for about this time of year.

Went well — still fermenting. Hit 79% efficiency, but the color is off. I think the srm was around 13, which gives the beer a more copper than red color; tastes great though. Yeah I have a saison in the works too. Thinking of using orange peel and coriander in the brew.

If you manipulate your yeast right, you shouldn’t need orange or coriander in a saison!

I would do an RIS or a BW for your upcoming 25th brew.

I am working on a session rye saison. Here is what I have so far. I am thinking about upping the rye to about 15%.
A good lawn mower beer I hope.

petite sorachi rye saison
Saison

Recipe Specs

Batch Size (G): 5.5
Total Grain (lb): 8.750
Total Hops (oz): 1.50
Original Gravity (OG): 1.045 (°P): 11.2
Final Gravity (FG): 1.009 (°P): 2.3
Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 4.72 %
Colour (SRM): 4.6 (EBC): 9.1
Bitterness (IBU): 22.9 (Average)
Brewhouse Efficiency (%): 75
Boil Time (Minutes): 90

Grain Bill

4.000 lb Pilsner (45.71%)
2.000 lb Wheat Malt (22.86%)
1.000 lb Flaked Wheat (11.43%)
1.000 lb Rye Malt (11.43%)
0.500 lb Cane Sugar (5.71%)
0.250 lb Caramunich I (2.86%)

Hop Bill

0.50 oz Sorachi Pellet (11.8% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil) (0.1 oz/Gal)
1.00 oz Sorachi Pellet (11.8% Alpha) @ 0 Minutes (Boil) (0.2 oz/Gal)

Misc Bill

Single step Infusion at 150°F for 60 Minutes.
Fermented at 65°F with WLP568 - Belgian Style Saison Ale Blend

Well obviously I’m okay with hops and the occasional stout. I definitely am not too picky, but I shy away from the lighter beers… kolsch, pilseners, lagers (although I love a good schwarzbier), and ambers. Saisons have been treating me well lately. Wheats are generally not my favorite, but my friends always want me to make some f***ing fruit beer or other so I occasionally appease them. Maybe a midnight wheat would be fun. I’m about to rack my sour ale off of its yeast bed so I’ve been thinking about brewing a brown ale to put on top of it. So many beers…

Grant the recipe looks good. Upping the eye to15% would be food,although you could probably go up to 20% for a more assertive taste. It shoul be interesting to see how sorachi ace plays with the pepperiness of the rye. Should be tasty.

[quote=“Hoppenheimer”]

Maybe a midnight wheat would be fun.[/quote]

I have been planning to do a midnight wheat for awhile now, it’s on my brew schedule for the fall. I use it in an porter (it’s porterish, I brew out of style a lot and I tell people it’s like a porter when someone asks me what style it is and I know they won’t understand what I’m saying when I break the recipe down) of mine and love the smooth roasted notes it has.

I recently brewed Jamil’s Cali Common recipe and it is outstanding! I definitely recommend brewing one yourself if the only Cali Common you have ever had are commercial examples.

Two beers that are on my short list to brew are a Helles and a Rye IPA. I have not brewed either of these before but I really enjoy most commercially available examples.

Plus I consider all three of these decent “summer” beers (I always have to brew to season).

I saw that you don’t really dig amber beers, but you should give Denny’s Waldo Lake Amber a shot. It’s awesome. Also, try MullerBrau’s Red Chair IPA clone. That has become my house IPA. Excellent stuff. :cheers:

Hoppenheimer,

I too have always found the irony of “Columbus IPA” to be quite amusing… Glad I’m not the only one who notices such things… But it is one of my absolute favorite beers to brew, and is in regular rotation here.

As for your actual question, how about a nice molasses porter? A slight molasses flavor and aroma is tailor made for a porter IMHO.

:cheers:

Nice simple Kolsch.

you can’t say you are an all -around brewer until you can make a light lager that tastes right.

Yeah I want it to be noticed, but more of a background approach.

Yeah I see the appeal and prestige of mastering that difficult beer… I just would have it lying around though. I’m pretty big on brewing only things that I’ll drink.

I have the red chair clone archived for later use. The Waldo Lake Amber looks tasty… maybe I’ll make a go at it. As for the molasses porter I’ll have to save that for fall.

Thanks for all the recommendations guys! Feel free to keep em coming.

I have brewed quite a few amber ales, and a lot of them end up kind of just blah. What I like about Denny’s is that there is so much grain character, even in the aroma. Just a super good grain character, very nice. Just enough hoppiness to balance the beer. A real crowd-pleaser. I’m thinking about trying a batch with a few more late hops, but this beer is just about perfect as-is. Enjoy.

I also brewed a recipe called “Centennial Blonde” recently, which has a huge thread on a different forum. Here’s a link to that recipe.

This is probably the lightest beer I’ve brewed, and it came out very clean. A great summer beer - very light and refreshing but still has some good character to it. Even my mom liked it, which is saying a lot.

I was really pleased with Jamil’s Brown Porter from BCS. The dry stout recipe from that book is great too. Hard to beat a hard cider when fall rolls around. If you haven’t brewed Denny’s Rye IPA, that’s another winner. So many beers, so little time. Overall, I’ve been really pleased with the recipes in Brewing Classic Styles. Brew on, and let us know if you find some more winners.

:cheers: