Smoke Bomb - Pepper suggestions?

Beermates,
I racked smoke bomb to secondary today, and man that first sample tasted good! I pulled out the instructions and packet of chipotle peppers. The instructions say to cut up about 2 peppers and take the seeds out. The 1 oz bag contains about 8-10 peppers of varying sizes. The peppers are dried and smoked, so I don’t really think I could get the seeds out. So, I am looking for some suggestions on getting these peppers into my beer. Any ideas?
Chet

If they are dry, you can soak them in water to re-hydrate them…I’d use boiled/cooled or distilled.
cheers.

Thanks! I’m going to put them in a container with vodka for 4-5 days and see how it looks/smells. Then I can just dump the vodka in my secondary with no worries.
Chet

I wouldn’t worry about rehydrating. The seeds fall right out of the dried chipotle peppers when you start cutting into them.

The seeds are hotter than the meat of the pepper so if you choose not to clen them be aware of this and taste your infusion.

Update - I left the 2 oz. chipotle peppers in the vodka for 5 days and poured it into the porter. Quick taste indicated it was smoky and hot! So, I decided to add a few drops to a bottle of Winter Warmer I had on hand. Wow, was it awesome. Clear smoke flavor and hot on the back end. So, I decided to re-infuse the peppers and keep the tincture on hand to add flavor when the need hits me. I was afraid of how this would come out, but so far it’s really good!