Small batches: Ambers & IPAs

Hey, all.
I’m looking for small batch recipes for ambers and IPAs.
Any recommendations?

Thanks

What size batches? 1 or3 gallon?

1 Gallon.
I want to start trying new recipes in very small batches before committing to large ones… plus, I don’t have the equipment necessary for 10 gallons or more yet.

Extract or all grain?

Take a “normal” size recipe and scale it down to 1 gallon. Even after the trail period is over, the Strangebrew program allows you to scale a recipe.

Though, I would recommend 1.5-2 gallon size batches. At least get a 12pk out of your efforts.

Check with your local grocery store and bakeries for 2-3 gallon pails that they may get frosting or fillings in. You should be able to get them for $1-2 or free.

[quote=“Nighthawk”]Take a “normal” size recipe and scale it down to 1 gallon. Even after the trail period is over, the Strangebrew program allows you to scale a recipe.

Though, I would recommend 1.5-2 gallon size batches. At least get a 12pk out of your efforts.
[/quote]

+1. Look up posts from user dmtaylo2
http://forum.northernbrewer.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=9553
. He does small batches and always has really good advice to offer.

Brewtoad is a free online recipe book with searchable recipes, and allows you to make and scale recipes. If you have an Android, I like BrewR. Allows online backup of recipes, also allows scaling recipes. Just yesterday I did a scaled down 2.5 gallon test batch of a stout.

Great. Thanks for the help. As dumb as it sounds, I didn’t know if things could scale back at the same rate/amount or not.