Sierra Nevada Recipes in BYO

Anybody see these in the last issue? Interesting stuff, most of them were simple grain bills. I guess you have to keep it that way when you mass produce brew. They also use Magnum as a late addition and dry hop, I hadn’t seen that before.

I’m looking forward to brewing the Ruthless Rye and the Bigfoot recipes.

Not quite the same recipe as this one from the brewery.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15532&hilit=SNPA

Looks quite close, the BYO is just a little lighter OG.

I thought I deleted this thread, I re-posted it in the recipes section with more info.

Having a Celebration right now. I had thought about brewing this, but I have to say I’m not a big fan of it. It’s great, but just a little on the bitter side to me where I prefer aroma and taste. I’ve been cloning the PA for years so that’s not any help.

I hate that they quit making the Wheat beer, I thought it was good. Do they still make Anniversary?
At any rate, I’m glad they printed those, would have loved to have had that a few years ago, and will probably brew something from it anyway. Cool magazine. Hopefully that article helps out a lot of newer brewers.

Hey Norman. I see you are “fermenting” a Hop Devil clone. Would you be willing to share the recipe? Is it a close representation of the commercial example? I love that beer!

Sure,

13.5 lbs Rahr 2 row American Pale Ale
.5 lb Weyerman Light Munich
.5 lb Crisp Crystal 60
.5 lb Weyerman Cara Munich I

Mashed at 151

1 oz Warrior 45 mins 20 AA
.5 oz Kent Goldings 10 mins
.5 oz Cascade 10 mins
1 oz Cascade 5 mins
.5 oz Cascade Dry hop in Fermentor ( I plan to dry hop this in the keg instead )

WLP001 ( I made a starter the day before )

I rec’d this kit as a gift. I was not even aware that it was a clone, so I don’t know how close the recipe is. I will probably keg it this weekend. It will have been in primary 2 weeks by then.

Thanks for sharing!

I suspect we are the exception, but I agree regarding bitterness. I think Boulevard’s Nutcracker is a much better “fresh hop” winter ale. That reminds me: have not had Nutcracker at all this winter. I need to fix that…if I can find it anywhere.