Should I put in second fermenter

I did my first brew a few days ago. A Hefeweizen. The directions said to let the beer settle for 3-4 days after i don’t see anymore bubbles, generally a week total. I bought another kit of a different Hefeweizen to experiment with by putting some fruit flavor in there for the wife. These directions say to ferment for one week and then transfer over to a second fermenter for another week. My question is should I ferment my first batch in a second fermenter even though the directions say not too?

How big is your secondary fermenter? If they’re both 6 gallons or more, just leave the beers in the primary for 2 weeks.

Yeah leave it in primary for atleast 2 weeks. Then if its done bottle/keg it.

Its in a 5 gallon. I screwed up there and should of put it in the 6 gallon I got with the kit. Lessoned learned as it blew off the top. I was there when it happened so I was able to save the beer.

Its in a 5 gallon. I screwed up there and should of put it in the 6 gallon I got with the kit. Lessoned learned as it blew off the top. I was there when it happened so I was able to save the beer.[/quote]

So are they both 5 gallon? What are you going to do to keep batch 2 from blowing off?

Its in a 5 gallon. I screwed up there and should of put it in the 6 gallon I got with the kit. Lessoned learned as it blew off the top. I was there when it happened so I was able to save the beer.[/quote]

So are they both 5 gallon? What are you going to do to keep batch 2 from blowing off?[/quote]

Put it in a 6 gallon with a blow off tube.

So you have one five gallon and one 6 gallon carboy?