Should I dry hop my barleywine?

[quote=“beermebeavis”]Sirs, I don’t believe I said anyone was ‘stupid’. If you’ll read back you’ll note I was merely attempting to assist a fellow brewer thru my past experience.

I refuse to be sucked into an argument, friends. Bless you, my sons.[/quote]
it was not directed at you. just a general statement based on many responses to many different threads. no argument here.

Ok, thanks.

Sometimes I see people heading down a road I’ve been down before that turnt out bad, I try to do my best to keep them from having the same bad experiences. Per human nature they usually don’t listen, but at least my conscience is clear.

I can’t imagine aroma hops hanging on for more than a year. Are you guys saying you’ve seen this occur? (I’m not talkin’ commercial brews, but rather in your own BW’s)?

BTW, I do agree on the pellet-dryhopping.

[quote=“beermebeavis”]Ok, thanks.

Sometimes I see people heading down a road I’ve been down before that turnt out bad, I try to do my best to keep them from having the same bad experiences. Per human nature they usually don’t listen, but at least my conscience is clear.

I can’t imagine aroma hops hanging on for more than a year. Are you guys saying you’ve seen this occur? (I’m not talkin’ commercial brews, but rather in your own BW’s)?

BTW, I do agree on the pellet-dryhopping.[/quote]

1 year is about the max for what the dry hop is giving me. Past 1 year it is still there but like any commercial example it starts shifting to a malt/caramel aroma. By 2 years it has shifted. But again I am dry hopping right before packaging, not dry hopping for months then packaging.

+1

[quote=“BRANDON”]
1 year is about the max for what the dry hop is giving me. Past 1 year it is still there but like any commercial example it starts shifting to a malt/caramel aroma. By 2 years it has shifted. But again I am dry hopping right before packaging, not dry hopping for months then packaging.[/quote]
That’s been my experience as well. Part of the appeal of BWs for me is the way they change as they age. Hence the big stash of multiple years of Bigfoot in my basement :mrgreen: