Shipping to Canada?

Does Northern Brewer ship to Canada yet?

No

They have in the past, but that was with UPS. I think they are with fedex now right?
Not sure. Email their Customer service and inquire directly. No staff really frequents the board other than announcements like sales.

[quote=“ITsPossible”]They have in the past, but that was with UPS. I think they are with fedex now right?
Not sure. Email their Customer service and inquire directly. No staff really frequents the board other than announcements like sales.[/quote]
You can contact them, but they won’t ship to Canada due to issues with customs.

I have in the past, I was just wondering if they had changed there ploicy.

Not true, Baratone. I have freinds in BC that received shipments from NB back in 2008 they did say NB wasn’t super excited to do it as It is a PITA for the shipper true, but takes only a few more seconds of their time to do the required transaction and with large shippers being utilized its not as difficult as they would lead you to believe, bottom line it is in their best interest to do so. If what you say is true I have to believe they do so much domestic business that they are not particularly interested in the Canadian market obviously. SO

I just spoke to Mwest type brewers and they are going to start sending bulk shipments once a week to simplify the customs aspect and get packages up there. Oldbrew they said they hope to have this in place by the end of the summer. So contact them directly later this year if nobody else is willing to work with you.

[quote=“ITsPossible”]Not true, Baratone. I have freinds in BC that received shipments from NB back in 2008 they did say NB wasn’t super excited to do it as It is a PITA for the shipper true, but takes only a few more seconds of their time to do the required transaction and with large shippers being utilized its not as difficult as they would lead you to believe, bottom line it is in their best interest to do so. If what you say is true I have to believe they do so much domestic business that they are not particularly interested in the Canadian market obviously. SO

I just spoke to Mwest type brewers and they are going to start sending bulk shipments once a week to simplify the customs aspect and get packages up there. Oldbrew they said they hope to have this in place by the end of the summer. So contact them directly later this year if nobody else is willing to work with you.[/quote]
Well, to resolve the issue I just contacted Gabe @ NB customer service. His response was that they do not ship to Canada due to customs issues.
Also, NB website lists under their shipping information link.

I agree, in my opnion they are missing out on a big growing market. Most of the Canadian online shops are sub par on what they carry. I live in a city of a 100000 people and the nearest Home Brew shop that is actualy worth going to is 2 hour away. I hope your right and Northern Brewer starts shipping to Canada soon.

Marvy,Baratone thanks for the follow up. I still think it is a bad practice to ignore this customer base though and think NB is dropping the ball.

I don’t remember which one, but in BYO’s listing of homebrew shops one of them has in their listing that they ship internationally.