Shipping Beer

Well, if the post office does start allowing the shipping of wine and beer, I’m thinking it will cost us a little less to ship. It cost me around $15 to ship my beer to my recipient via UPS.

Paul

[quote=“paultuttle”]Well, if the post office does start allowing the shipping of wine and beer, I’m thinking it will cost us a little less to ship. It cost me around $15 to ship my beer to my recipient via UPS.

Paul[/quote]

for how many beers, how big was the box after you packed?
I usually see any where from 10-15.
SOmethings are twice as much beer for the same price, depending on how I pack

You sure you don’t mean “Fed Ex”? :wink:

[quote=“grainbelt”][quote=“paultuttle”]Well, if the post office does start allowing the shipping of wine and beer, I’m thinking it will cost us a little less to ship. It cost me around $15 to ship my beer to my recipient via UPS.

Paul[/quote]

SOmethings are twice as much beer for the same price, depending on how I pack[/quote]

It was four 12 oz bottles, packed in bubble wrap. The box was the standard box NB uses to ship their AG kits.

[quote=“paultuttle”][quote=“grainbelt”][quote=“paultuttle”]Well, if the post office does start allowing the shipping of wine and beer, I’m thinking it will cost us a little less to ship. It cost me around $15 to ship my beer to my recipient via UPS.

Paul[/quote]

SOmethings are twice as much beer for the same price, depending on how I pack[/quote]

It was four 12 oz bottles, packed in bubble wrap. The box was the standard box NB uses to ship their AG kits.[/quote]

thats a pretty big box for 4 bottles

yes, I completely wrapped all 4 beers in the bubble wrap that comes with it, then filled in all the gaps with styro peanuts. It was probably overkill, but I wanted to make sure my beers to arrived safely.

On occasion I order beer from letspour.com, Fed Ex makes the delivery and the box has a sticker that say something like “package contains alcohol, signer must be over 21. Do not deliver if signer looks to be intoxicated”. The first time I ordered from them the Fed Ex guy asked what it was, I told him it was beer, and even he seemed surprised and said “I didn’t think you could ship alcohol”, I shrugged and said “You just delivered it”. we both laughed and since then I have ordered a few other times…He’s always happy to tell me he’s got some beer for me, and I’m happy to hear it!