Selecting Priming Sugar

I found a recipe for Blue Moon Clone, I am new to brewing and my buddy loves Blue Moon and my wife dosent believe I can make beer at home (my first batch is about to be bottled) so I figured I would get the second batch going for him and to prove my skills or lack there of to her. The recipe has everything except a type and amount of priming sugar. I am certain there is one that will work better than others. Are there any ingredients that help determine the best priming sugar for a particular batch? Also does this recipe look appropriate, I would hate to spend a month or so brewing something that is not even remotely close.

The recipe is as follows
NAME AMOUNT USE PPG
2-Row Brewers Malt 3.0 lb33 % Steep 37
Northern Brewer Wheat Malt Syrup 6.0 lb66 % Boil 36
Hops

NAME AMOUNT TIME USE FORM AA
Hallertauer Mittelfrüh Germany 1.0 oz 60 min Boil Pellet 4.4%
Hallertauer Mittelfrüh Germany 1.0 oz 20 min Boil Pellet 4.4%
Yeasts

NAME LAB ATTENUATION TEMP
Belgian Abbey II 1762 Wyeast 75.0 65°F – 75°F
Extras

NAME AMOUNT TIME USE
Sweet Orange Peel 1.0 oz 15.0 min Boil
Bitter Orange Peel 1.0 oz 15.0 min Boil
Coriander Seed 1.0 oz 15.0 min Boil

You can use this to calculate the amount of priming sugar needed for your batch:

http://www.northernbrewer.com/priming-sugar-calculator

It does not matter whether you use table sugar (sucrose), corn sugar or some other simple sugar. Best to measure by weight.

Use 5/8 cup table sugar for any 5-gallon batch. You’ll never be sorry. Don’t dick around with other kinds of priming sugars. Just stick with cheap easy available table sugar – cane or beet sugar, either one, they’re both the same.

The Wyeast 1762 yeast is totally wrong for this style. Try Wyeast 3944 for much more authentic results.

[quote=“dmtaylo2”]
The Wyeast 1762 yeast is totally wrong for this style. Try Wyeast 3944 for much more authentic results.[/quote]
Good catch. It’s also strange that the recipe calls for steeping 2-row.

Yeah… I guess as long as the “steep” occurs at about 148-150 F, the beer should turn out just fine.

[quote=“kcbeersnob”]You can use this to calculate the amount of priming sugar needed for your batch:

http://www.northernbrewer.com/priming-sugar-calculator[/quote]

I was looking for a calculater the other day to determine DME to prime with. Good to know :cheers: