Sculpture Buildout

Working on my sculpture finally. Some borrowed elements from the Brutus Ten concept and some further customization. Will continue to post pictures as more progress is made.

Very pretty so far. Is that 1" square tube stock?

I need to get off my butt and build a stand.

Yup, 1 inch square. I can’t believe I am finally getting around to doing this. Really glad my neighbor is a talented welder because I would hate to be paying hourly.

Same here. I have had the materials for a year and a half. :roll:

Looks like its going to be nice spykeratchet.

For those that are curious, the whole setup is going to cost about $350 in materials total. This includes all steel, the casters, the electrical outlets and controls for the pumps (which I already have), the burners with ignitors and all fittings and pipe and the hose to rig it to my natural gas line outside, and the powder coating for the frame.

Are there any other cost effective options other than powder coating?

I have a friend that is cutting me a deal on powder coating so it is pretty cheap but I see no reason why a coat of Rustoleum would be insufficient.

Ended up changing the grate configuration. I like this better.

[quote=“spykeratchet”]
Ended up changing the grate configuration. I like this better.[/quote]

Yes that looks better. Sweet metal frame looks like stainless. They take dedication to build but are so nice to brew with.

[quote=“spykeratchet”]I have a friend that is cutting me a deal on powder coating so it is pretty cheap but I see no reason why a coat of Rustoleum would be insufficient.

Ended up changing the grate configuration. I like this better.[/quote]

Do you have a sketch with what it’s supposed to look like? I’m interested to see how you have set it up. :slight_smile:

Looks like that grate will deflect heat less. I like it.

More than one pump? I was just thinking of mounting my March on the stand and using QDs to go in different directions.

I suppose I should start scratching together the materials. I was actually thinking of taking the opportunity to learn to weld on this project. I’m going to build a three-tier setup and locate it in the garage next to a temp-controlled fermenting chamber (that I have also yet to build).

I don’t actually have the sketch with me. I’ll try to remember to bring the sketch and scan it in. Took 2 more pictures. A side shot that shows the whole thing and a straight down on the burner to give you and idea of how it’s mounted and shielded.

I am using 2 pumps, in so cal our groundwater is not cold enough to efficiently cool on it’s own. I run a march 815 for all liquid transfers, I also have a rigged bait tank pump that I use to recirculate icewater through my inline ICs and shirron. If I didn’t do that, it’d take me an hour and 150 gallons of water to get the wort to pitching temp.

Black iron plumbing is complete and it didn’t explode!

Those burners running on propane? What kind are they? And did you fabricate the wind shields or buy them?

23 tip natural gas wokjets. It’s running of the natgas line that I ran for my bbq. No more having to deal with propane tanks!

http://www.cpapc.com/23-Tip-Round-Nozzl ... 9C244.aspx

The wind/heat shields are fabricated.

Do you know how many gallon boil those burners can handle? I like those and Im surprised at the price!

100k BTU apiece. I’m just guessing because I haven’t brewed on it yet but my 40k BTU could handle 20G boils. So 2.5 times that… 50G? Anyone else have a guess on what a 100k BTU burner can handle, boil wise?

Completed!

Nice Job. That looks great!