Score?

So one of my aunts died a couple of months ago and my dad and another aunt are in the process of cleaning out the house for sale. Apparently my “uncle” (they were never married) used to “work at a bar” after he retired from the railroad biz. Anyway my dad calls me up and asks me if I want any of my uncle’s “old beer stuff” since “I’m the only person in the family interested in beer”. After initial resistance I finally just decided to take whatever they wanted to give me since I know my father would either throw stuff out or sell it for a buck or two at a garage sale. So here are some of the things I got THIS weekend. Apparently there is MORE that I MIGHT be getting. Now I have to figure out what to do with it all.

http://s300.beta.photobucket.com/user/T ... ar%20items

[quote=“Lytnin”]So one of my aunts died a couple of months ago and my dad and another aunt are in the process of cleaning out the house for sale. Apparently my “uncle” (they were never married) used to “work at a bar” after he retired from the railroad biz. Anyway my dad calls me up and asks me if I want any of my uncle’s “old beer stuff” since “I’m the only person in the family interested in beer”. After initial resistance I finally just decided to take whatever they wanted to give me since I know my father would either throw stuff out or sell it for a buck or two at a garage sale. So here are some of the things I got THIS weekend. Apparently there is MORE that I MIGHT be getting. Now I have to figure out what to do with it all.

http://s300.beta.photobucket.com/user/T ... ar%20items[/quote]

You can always send the Crown to me if you don’t want it. Though I don’t like PBR, the wall light looks kinda cool.

That’s a good score. You can always post it on craigslist and ebay and make some extra money for beer stuff that you might want.

Don’t be in too big a hurry to get rid of any of that stuff, you may regret it later.

Nice looking collection. Do you have any ideas on prices?

Nice collection. If it were me I’d keep most of it, especially the mirrors and lights, they’d look cool in a man cave/bar.

Yah I bought a house this past spring and haven’t started working on finishing the basement. Kegerator is already down there but nothing else. I want to eventually build a bar down there and make it look all purdy but gotta get some fundage before that can happen. For now I’m definitely going to keep the mirrors but some of the other stuff might be hitting Ebay or Craigslist after the holidays.

If nothing else, you’ve got a keg and some tap handles.

I see a lot of that stuff on “American Pickers” and sometimes on “Pawnstars”. People seem to buy it readily. Ebay it or find a pawn or antique dealer.

I’d be tempted by the Old Style clock if it works - and if the price was right…

Very cool score!

One thing about hanging on to stuff. Your uncle did and it sure isn’t doing him much good now :frowning:

I have seen those High Life mirrors before. They are very cool. And I know that most of us here are beer snobs but sometimes an ice cold Miller High Life, maybe combined with a Saturday afternoon baseball game (White Sox) in the summer, truly is living the high life.

Enjoyed me a few MHLs this weekend.