Schlafly Tasmanian IPA

Any of you Midwestern beer people tried this? It’s just 2 row, Aussie Galaxy and American Ale yeast. Pretty good scheiss. Very pale and crisp, late hop emphasis, only moderately bitter. I’ve brewed a couple of batches with Galaxy, but only in combo with other hops. It’s citrusy, but more orange than grapefruit, and it has a distinct peachiness as well.

I noticed this arrived today at my favorite local bottle shop. I’ve got to pass, though. Too much “inventory” on hand currently between my brews and the shopping spree I went on a couple weeks ago when Deschutes released some new bottles in KC.

Maybe next year.

This is one of the best if not the best IPA I have ever had. I have been drinking it regularly lately since I stocked up last time I was in TN! I would hear more about a clone recipe. midmobrwr… are you the brewmaster at Schafly?

Just a beer drinker in Columbia. They have quite a bit of info on their website. Their APA is pretty good too.

I broke down and picked up a six pack last weekend while I was acquiring my obligatory bottle of Rye-on Rye. Pretty good. Surprisingly grassy for a commercial IPA, but not really in a bad way. Nice, unique flavor profile from the Galaxy.

I’m a bit biased since I’m a fan of most of their beers, but this one is particularly tasty. The nose on it is like that first whiff out of a just-opened bag of hops. It has a good bitterness to it, but not overly so.

They make some pretty fine products. I’m not a big fan of pumpkin beers, but theirs is very good.

They’ve got a nice taproom at their brewery too.

They make some pretty fine products. I’m not a big fan of pumpkin beers, but theirs is very good.

They’ve got a nice taproom at their brewery too.[/quote]

Funny, one of the few of theirs I don’t care for is the pumpkin ale. I"m not a big fan of that much spice flavor.

The Taproom is pretty nice. Have you checked out the Bottleworks yet? Very good food, and free tours (don’t know the hours exactly).

Love the TIPA, big citrusy aroma with some dank on the back end. Very easy to drink and the best Schlafly IPA IMO. Taproom and Bottleworks are both great, I’ve spent a lot of time at both. The Taproom usually has some small batch draft only beers that you can’t get at Bottleworks. There are a bunch of great new breweries in St. Louis these days. If you haven’t tried Perennial, 2nd Shift or Civil Life you need to check them out.

[quote=“triplezero24”]
The Taproom is pretty nice. Have you checked out the Bottleworks yet? Very good food, and free tours (don’t know the hours exactly).[/quote]
I may have that backwards. I toured the brewery when I was in St Louis a couple years ago. It had a souvenir shop and a bar/restaurant with a great tap wall. Maybe I went to Bottleworks. I don’t remember it being named that though.

I thought they really had a great setup. I don’t get why Boulevard doesn’t do the same in KC.