Sanitizing Bottles?

[quote=“grainbelt”]

and the hours it takes to let the bottles cool down.[/quote]

Hours? No. 10-15 minutes, while I’m messing with other things, then I’m rolling. To each his own.

Helps cool them down if you open the door after they’re done. I typically let it run before I go to bed or before I’m going to be doing something, as it takes over an hour for it to run a full cycle.

We opted for the double dunk in Star-san, drain on tree, bottles from tree to being filled & then capping with both of our cappers, We purchased the ‘Super Colonna’ corker/capper to have a 2nd capper and to do corking of Barley Wine, Mead, etc. It IS the BOMB capper…

I got (somewhat) lucky and received 3 (Free) cases of used grolsch style bottles.
They had labels on them, so I let them soak in oxyclean in a tub for a few days to get the labels off and trub from inside the bottles out. Then I bought an inline sprayer (for bug spray) from home depot, rinsed it very thoroughly, and used it to pump PBW into each bottle for rinsing/cleaning.
Then I used my vinator to pump StarSan into each bottle for sanitizing.

Generally, i don’t do the oxyclean step, but these were very dirty and used.

The inline sprayer makes cleansing/rinsing very easy, but it still takes time.

bb

I use the dish washer on the sanitize cycle. I also put a small amount of starsan in where you normally put the detergent… A word of caution. If you do it this was only use a SMALL amount of starsan… Dont ask me how I know what happens if you use too much… Lets just say the wife will not be happy, but on the plus side, the floor will never be cleaner!!

Enjoy!

[quote=“fixer2u”] I also put a small amount of starsan in where you normally put the detergent…[/quote]StarSan is only effective at a pH <3, so putting it in the dishwasher is probably just wasting the chemical and risking a major foam-over.