Sam Adams Utopia and Ninja Yeast

And it’s only $210/bottle.

Yeah, my buddy was out at GABF this year and got to try some, said it was amazing. I was jealous, but wouldn’t pay that for a bottle of beer. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:beers:
Rad

What ?

The food pairings are absurd. If I had a beer that expensive I’m not going to be eating a Cobb salad and fish and chips with it

1 Like

I never had a taste of it. The first thing that comes to my mind would be a good rare to a med rare steak. And if I was going to do a chicken, it would be seared with camalized onions or lightly smoked.

1 Like

That sounds about right. I would reincarnate the recently extinct Great Auk. Well two of them… because the Great Auk was so fatty you could light one on fire to cook a second one. That sounds like just about the right level of expense and decadency.

3 Likes

A friend of mine was in a beer club that bought a bottle and split it between a bunch of folks. Seems like a nice bottle of bourbon would be more cost effective.

1 Like

The trade wars just raised the price of Scotch tariffs by 25%. So looks like my budget is staying local now.

I think buying local should happen any ways. We live in upstate NY and we we buy NY wines and beers. Our milk comes from the local dairy. Have local, try others.

2 Likes

At those prices the beer better pour itself!

1 Like

With the ABV being that high… And the claim it’s smooth… I would think it would be a " very thick" brew to drink… 210.00 bucks… Think of the amount of barley you could buy!! Just my un-adventurous take… Sneezles61

Upvote for the Great Auk reference. Extinct since 1844…I picked up a random book in study hall in 8th grade, The Great Auk, and this sent me down a long path of study of biological sciences.
Even the beer I’m currently drinking has a biological/paleontology reference, Pseudo Sue pale ale.

3 Likes