Saison Aging

So, I brewed my first saison (all grain) a few weeks ago and ended up with an O.G. of 1.075. I pitched White Labs Saison I yeast at 70 F and let the temp free rise to the 80 F temp of the room I kept my fermenter in (it’s really hot here in IN). Two weeks later I have a consistant gravity of 1.008, less than the 1.010 that I was expecting. Anyway, I bottled last night and tasted a bit. It was very peppery with fruity notes, but the alcohol heat was way too much for my liking. Suppose thats what I get with a 9% beer…

I was wondering how long to age this. This is my first Saison. I usually brew IPAs and drink them as soon as they are carbonated. Since the profile of this beer is way more delicate than my usual super hoppy brew, would it benefit me to age this thing for awhile? I’m hoping that aging will smooth out some of the heat. Any suggestions or resources to figure out how long to age. Thanks!

A few weeks would help. I’d probably leave the bottles at room temp for 2-4 weeks. Then get them in the fridge for another week or two. Really no scientific answer. Just get one cold and take a taste every week or so.