Saf-05 high attenuation

On wednesday I brewed a three gallon batch of pale ale that because I over sparged a bit, got a slightly larger batch at a slightly lower O G than planned on, 1.044 instead of 1,048 or so. I pitched the pack of yeast straight into the wort like the package instructions say to. By bed time there were slight signs of fermentation and by the next morning it was burping every three seconds or so. By sunday morning it was no longer burping. I took a gravity reading sunday evening and got 1.007. Looks like about 84% to me. Anyone else get results like that with 05?

Pretty typical for it to achieve 85-90%.

US-05 ferments like a boss. Your numbers look totally normal based on my experiences.

Even so, the fermentation probably happened so quickly and completely because you pitched significantly more yeast than was necessary.

Did you control fermentation temps?

[quote=“KISS Brew”]US-05 ferments like a boss. Your numbers look totally normal based on my experiences.

Even so, the fermentation probably happened so quickly and completely because you pitched significantly more yeast than was necessary.[/quote]

A full package in three gallons.

The room I ferment in was 70-72. I used Saf-05 because it’s fairly clean.
The taste I took from the gravity sample was yummy.

So long as it tastes good right! I’m about to try this stuff for the first time and I’ve heard it attenuates really well so I was thinking about mashing a tad higher than normal to compensate and to keep my American Amber a bit more full bodied. Any one else who uses this yeast do this?

Even holding us-05 at around 60-62 i’ve seen this easily attenuate 80+%…in my limited experience

Edit: every batch i’ve used 05 in has been 5-6 gallons as it’s been close to the proper amount without starter. No experience on a 2.5-3 gallon batch, in that case it would’ve been 1056.