Sad Day :(

Both of my kegs blew in the same night. On top of that I had just recently given the last bottles I had away to a friend…

I hope your days yesterday went better than mine :stuck_out_tongue:

My condolences. Lesson learned…brew more!!

Come on over. I’ve got more.

I wish some of mine would kick. I have too many beers sitting in primary.

That’s called a quality problem.

That’s called a quality problem.[/quote]

Not really, I brew pretty good beer but brew far more than I can drink. I had a problem very similar to GC in that I had 4 big winter beers in my kegerator. I was playing for them to kick and by miracle I had all 4 kick within 4 days.

My goal this year is to keep something in the keg and something in the fermentor waiting for the keg to kick. As soon as I keg, time to brew again to fill the fermentor.

This way I can age before keg or bottle in my new glass carboy. No more rushed fermentations because I’m out of beer.

[quote=“bstein”]My goal this year is to keep something in the keg and something in the fermentor waiting for the keg to kick. As soon as I keg, time to brew again to fill the fermentor.

This way I can age before keg or bottle in my new glass carboy. No more rushed fermentations because I’m out of beer.[/quote]

Try figuring out when to brew when you keep 6-8 beers on tap and have 12-14 kegs and 8-9 fermenting vessels :cheers:

[quote=“560sdl”][quote=“bstein”]My goal this year is to keep something in the keg and something in the fermentor waiting for the keg to kick. As soon as I keg, time to brew again to fill the fermentor.

This way I can age before keg or bottle in my new glass carboy. No more rushed fermentations because I’m out of beer.[/quote]

Try figuring out when to brew when you keep 6-8 beers on tap and have 12-14 kegs and 8-9 fermenting vessels :cheers: [/quote]

I know what you feel like. I have five taps and trying to keep these full almost seems like a real job sometimes. Always brewing, transferring, kegging…

Not complaining though!!!

[quote=“560sdl”][quote=“bstein”]My goal this year is to keep something in the keg and something in the fermentor waiting for the keg to kick. As soon as I keg, time to brew again to fill the fermentor.

Try figuring out when to brew when you keep 6-8 beers on tap and have 12-14 kegs and 8-9 fermenting vessels :cheers: [/quote]

That seems less of a problem, your least likely to be without at least 1 beer on tap at any time. Right? :cheers:

[quote=“bstein”][quote=“560sdl”][quote=“bstein”]My goal this year is to keep something in the keg and something in the fermentor waiting for the keg to kick. As soon as I keg, time to brew again to fill the fermentor.

That seems less of a problem, your least likely to be without at least 1 beer on tap at any time. Right? :cheers: [/quote]

Yes, that is correct, very unlikely to be caught without any beer! :lol: But as Dan alluded to, it is almost like a second job. It is a huge puzzle to figure out what taps are ready to kick, having buckets ready and empty when I “need” to brew. Making starters all the time, managing yeast harvests, etc.

But I do love it.