Robust Porter fermentation

Brewed a one gallon robust porter recipe and used about 1/2 of a packet of rehydrated safale us-05. At first I pitched about 2g of hydrated yeast, but fearing I had pitched too little, I pitched approximately 1/2 more of the packet. OG was 1.056. It fermented for two weeks around 68 degrees F (20 degrees C). Fermentation has been quiet for about 10 days, and so I checked today, hoping to bottle, only to find that the gravity is still 1.022.

This was an all-grain batch, and during mash, the temps ranged from 150-156. I suppose there could be too much residual sweetness from mashing in the 154-156 range, but I’m about 6 points higher than I thought I’d be. I tossed some more yeast in to see if I can get the gravity down some more, but I don’t know if it’s going to have any affect.

Here’s my grain bill:

2.15 maris otter
4oz simpsons medium malt
2 oz simpsons chocolate malt
2 oz Golden naked oats
2 oz munich malt
4 oz briess caramel 10L

My attenuation appears to be around 60%, which is really low. I suppose after a few more days, I’ll bottle it and see what happens. I just didn’t want to bottle before making sure that fermentation was done. I’ve had the good blessing enough to not have bottle bombs yet, and I didn’t want to start on my first 1 gal batch.

Any suggestions/advice is greatly appreciated. There’s a chance that the beer is fermented down as far as it can go, but I wanted to seek the wisdom found on this board. Thanks!

Just checking, you are taking reading with a hydrometer and not a refractometer?

The beers been in the fermenter for 14 days. Likely it’s finished. And the high mash temp a cause for the higher FG.

[quote=“Nighthawk”]Just checking, you are taking reading with a hydrometer and not a refractometer?

The beers been in the fermenter for 14 days. Likely it’s finished. And the high mash temp a cause for the higher FG.[/quote]

Yes, hydrometer, not refractometer. I’m still getting some bubbles out of the bottle, but I know that could just be off gassing and not fermentation. I may let it set for a few more days and bottle it. The recipe was just on a whim, so I figure even if it doesn’t turn out great, I’m only out a couple pounds of grain. I also learned to mash lower with such a full-flavored beer.