RIP Flars

:cry:

1 Like

This is very sad!! You will be missed Frank. My condolences to his family. I lost my Father August 30th of this year and would like to share a few words for Franks family.
IT WILL NEVER HURT LESS, BUT IT WILL HURT LESS OFTEN. EVENTUALLY YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SMILE AT THE MEMORIES YOU SHARED TOGETHER. God Bless.

6 Likes

Wow this is hard to believe. Very sad. Always quick to respond to a question. Shared lots of his knowledge and always looked to help a fellow brewer figure out their issues. Knew how to post a good reverse sear food picture with a matching brew to go with. It’s hard to believe he is gone. Feels like I’ve lost someone close even without really knowing him. Rest in peace and cheers Flars

3 Likes

I’m smoking ribs tomorrow. Because flars.

2 Likes

Sad news. Best wishes to his close friends and family. He will be remembered and missed dearly.

1 Like

Just saw this after traveling all week. Shocked and very sad to read this. Flars helped me so much over the past couple of years as I started with the beginners white bucket brew kit and evolved from there . I almost took it for granted when I posted a question, sometimes in panic, I would hear from him in short time with some great advice.
RIP Flars.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the help Flars. You will be missed. [raises glass]

3 Likes

Wow, so shocked! He was by far the nicest guy on this list. His answers were always practical and based on common sense. Man, what a loss. RIP, my friend.

Very sad. I learned a lot from his posts. He was always helpful and positive. RIP.

1 Like

I wish I had a chance to meet Flars in person. A person who dedicates him/herself to understanding and planting trees, from an early age, for the benefit of all of us, is my kind of person.

5 Likes

Very sad to hear. I received great advice many times from Frank and always in a very supportive way. I didn’t know him, but the way he interacted with everyone, from pros down to newcomers, told me he was one of the good guys. RIP

1 Like

Heres to Flars! Sneezles61

5 Likes

Funny, I just posted that same sentiment in the lounge.

? Lounge. That they took it away

3 Likes

You should be able to access the Lounge. If not let me or one of the other mods know. You need certain credentials like enough “likes” and stuff that sadly Flars knew more about than I do.

EDIT: If you remember the Brewhaha that was removed, you have been around here plenty long enough to get into the Lounge.

2 Likes

I’m helping Damian! Sneezles61

Here is what it says “A category exclusive to members with trust level 3 and higher.” I couldn’t get in it a while back. Seemed kind of odd that a moderator could not. Flars somehow changed my “trust level” and fixed it. I’m sure if that is the problem we can figure it out.

I use to be able to get into lounge but awhile back it just disappeared. I just thought they got rid of it

2 Likes

It’s there. Sounds like you have your access returned forthwith!

A good man.

2 Likes