Reuse BLC?

I can’t find any info on saving and reusing BLC. Anyone do this?

What’s BLC? I’m sure it will be obvious, but it isn’t coming to me.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/beer ... eaner.html

I’m surprised there are no responses. Doesn’t anybody use this stuff?

I have some but have not used it. PBW with a fresh water then sanitizer rinse works great for me.

I flush each kicked keg and lines with oxyclean first, then starsan. If you stay on top of it, there is no need,in my opinion for blc.

I have some I use for my draft system but have never reused it. When I use it I only use a little bit in a pump bottle to circulate through my tower and lines. With it being used and the small amount used, I don’t think its worth saving.

I use BLC on my tap lines every time I change a keg out and after seeing the color of the stuff after running it through the line… NO WAY I’m reusing it.

Not worth it in my opinion.

Once and done here.

Good Luck

[quote=“Duder”]I use BLC on my tap lines every time I change a keg out and after seeing the color of the stuff after running it through the line… NO WAY I’m reusing it.

Not worth it in my opinion.

Once and done here.

Good Luck[/quote]
Good point. I’ve only used it on new lines, since I just finished building my keezer. I consider this topic closed.

I can see reusing it on multiple lines. But not saving it for 2 months down the road.

When I use it, I push it into the line and let it sit for 10-20 minutes. Then push a little more though and let it sit. Then flush with water.

It’s cost is the same with StarSan. Pennies for individual use.

The question would have been more appropriately posted in the “Draft System” section. :wink:

If someone has been harmed by the incorrect classification of this thread, I sincerely apologize. If you will recite our sacred mantra “RDWHAHB” 13 times while stirring the mash in your rectangular red cooler having the correct configuration with a stainless steel braid, I promise you will feel better in the morning.

Darn! I must apologize for my apology, which I now realize should have been posted to the all-grain forum since it references techniques that are used in all-grain brewing.

Darn! I must apologize for my apology, which I now realize should have been posted to the all-grain forum since it references techniques that are used in all-grain brewing.[/quote]

Really? A simple suggestion by one of the people that is on here the most gets two snarky responses?

FWIW - I spend a lot of time on here myself, mostly to learn but I do try to help when I can. In general this place is very civil and well run. A simple suggestion like Nighthawks on keeping things organized helps everyone. Posting whatever you want wherever you want only helps you. Not to mention that you might actually get better and faster answers because some people actually avoid the “General” category

[quote=“560sdl”]
Really? A simple suggestion by one of the people that is on here the most gets two snarky responses?

FWIW - I spend a lot of time on here myself, mostly to learn but I do try to help when I can. In general this place is very civil and well run. A simple suggestion like Nighthawks on keeping things organized helps everyone. Posting whatever you want wherever you want only helps you. Not to mention that you might actually get better and faster answers because some people actually avoid the “General” category[/quote]
There is a great deal of subjectivity in many classification systems–including this one. How often do people post threads that could be argued are specifically related to yeast, hops, etc. in the “general” forum? I get the point of staying organized, but let’s not get too uptight about this stuff. That was the point of my response–which I admit could have been less sarcastic. No disrespect intended to Nighthawk.

Maybe someone learned something that will help them later in their brewing journey. No harm done.

Agreed and I am not trying to be righteous at all, just that his suggestion was civil and just that, a suggestion. It is all good :cheers: