Refridgerator questions

Hello All,
I recently had my spare refrigerator (freezer on top) moved out of my garage to make way for my motorcycle. In the process i was told that my refrigerator somehow managed to fall off a handtruck and fell on its side. The fridge still works but upon further inspection when i took apart the fridge it i saw glass in the freezer. I took off the plastic covers and discovered that it looks like the heating elements in the defroster broke. It looks like a glass tube 12" long with a metal coil running through it. I ended up unplugging the connections for the defroster, so that it would not turn on just in case. I wanted to know whats the worst thing that can happen to my fridge if the defroster is not working. Also i do not use the freezer compartment for anything. I keep the bottom at 38-45 degree for my keg, lagering, yeast storage, and just chilling my beer. anything i should be aware of?

Over time it will eventually frost up, requiring a manual defrost. I’d imagine you could find a new heater online for a reasonable price.

What part of the country are you in? Here in Colorado it’s so dry we don’t need the defroster.