Red Ale Recipe Hop Question

I am making my red ale again, and I am trying to figure out a good hop combination. I have done it with nothing but Cascade, bittering, flavor, and aroma. But I want something with a little more citrus finish, but nothing too awfully bitter just yet. So here is what I am proposing:

All Grain
5 gallon, 60 minute boil.

10 lbs 2 row
8 oz Special B
8 oz Crystal120
1 oz Cascade @ 40 mins
.5 oz Citra @ 20 mins
.5 oz Citra @ 5 mins

Safale 05

Aiming for

OG 1.055
IBU 33
Color 17
FG 1.015
ABV 5.4

So, does the Hop Additions make sense to get what I am looking for, or do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

I have a dynamite amber ale recipe that uses simcoe, summit, and saphir.

Would you be willing to share the recipe? What is the flavor and aroma profile of it?

Try centennial, I love that hop.

Are you saying to use only Centennial, or would you use it in place of one of the other hops?

I would bitter with chinook and drop the cascade down in the boil or maybe use it to dry hop

Three S amber ale: three gallons, O G 1.050, IBUs 33
5 1/2 lbs. PNW pale ale malt
10 ozs. German Vienna malt
10 ozs. carawheat malt
6 ozs. British crystal 60 malt
mash at 154 for 45 minutes
1/2 oz. saphir @ 3.8% to first wort hop
1/8 oz. summit @ 18.5% plus
1/8 oz. simcoe @ 12.2% plus
1/4 oz. saphir @ 3.8% for 48 minutes
pinch irish moss plus
1.8 tsp. nutrient for 15 minutes
1/4 oz. summit @ 18.5% plus
1/4 oz. saphir @ 3.8% for 6 minutes
Wlp008 (any clean yeast would work)

I really should keep better notes, but it turned out very good. I dropped some off at my LHBS for the crew and the next time I went there one of the clerks insisted that I give him the recipe. It’s on my list of beers to brew again.

I was thinking only centennial, but it works well with cascade and citra. I feel like centennial gives much more citrus then citra. To me citra is more tropical fruit.

I was thinking only centennial, but it works well with cascade and citra. I feel like centennial gives much more citrus then citra. To me citra is more tropical fruit.[/quote]

Okay, so with the Centennial, are you suggesting to use it in place of the citra and still bitter with cascade, or use it for bittering and flavor/aroma?

I’d use cent for bittering over cascade because it has more AA. Use it in place of the citra with the cascade and you will get a nice citrus, grape fruit and lemon flavors.