Recipes on the internet

I’ll add, when you’ve been after this brew obsession for as long as many on here have, you have a good clue if someone is blowing smoke out their butt…
Sneezles61

1 Like

The discussion of water in breweries tickled a memory for me. Some years ago I was sent on a service call to Anheuser Busch in Tampa FL.
I was a control engineer for an industrial control manufacture.
The brewery had two 8" water lines feeding a larger common line. It was the water source for the brewery. One feed line was from a well and the other from city water.
The ph was different for each and my controller throttled a valve to hit a target value.
That was one place that did not ignore water makeup.
I had no idea what was going on; my focus was on the electronics and the aroma of beer.

1 Like

Fickle stuff…
Doing the ideas on paper surely puts the nail on the note with the info… firmly attached to yer brain…
Knowing how to mix a soft water with a higher mineral water then becomes easier to understand why water to a style is needed…
Simple, eh?
Sneezles61

If you are interesting in gluten free beers there are enzymes that will make average barley, wheat, rye beers virtually gluten free. This way you just take a great recipe and make it gluten free without F’ing around with 100% adjunct brews.