Recipe guess from the description

I was at the MN state fair and I had my first taste of Indeeds Day Tripper Pale Ale and fell in love. Well of course I want to be able to brew a beer exactly like this. Low alcohol content and super flavors. The aroma was amazing and super piney, whitish head and super clean and crisp. And when I say piney I mean it smelled like a pine tree or blue spruce, smelled SOOOOO good.

With this description from their website and what I’m told is an IBU of 45 give me your best guess at a recipe. I’m in the process of going to AG and still learning tastes so I’m not very good at this yet. I may have to try to make this my first AG batch ever to see what I come out with.

The only guess I have so far is about 12lbs of grain and some of that 2 two row and 8 ounces of hops. With that low of an IBU I’m guessing most of the hopping is drop hop for aroma and I did read it might be double dry hopped. No guess on yeast. I know right, not much of a guess…

Style: Pale Ale
Description: Regionally grown American pale malt is blended with rich European malts to produce a lighter bodied beer, bright in color, with a taut white head that keeps track of time as you sip. Then there are the hops – four pounds per barrel to be exact. Willamettes, Cascades, CTZ and Summits give this brew a citrus punch and spicy character that greets you in the nose and embraces your mouth with a clean, crisp bitterness. (ABV 5.4%)

Not much to go on for the malt, but at 5.4% ABV and assuming a 1.010 FG, you’re looking at about a 1.050 OG. “Light-bodied” means mash for fermentability and not a lot of crystal, maybe even a little sugar, while “bright in color” means an SRM either really low like in the 4-6 range or more towards copper, maybe around 13 (or that’s what I think of as “bright” - I would go for the higher number myself). So I would start with maybe 5% Carastan (37L) and see where that gets you, then adjust the color with a little chocolate or carafa (added late in the mash to minimize roast character).

For hops, 4 lbs per barrel translates into about 10 oz per five gallons. I would bitter with Summit to get ~20 IBUs, then make a mix of the other three hops, equal parts, and add at 10, 5, flameout, and at least two oz for dryhops - adjust the weight to match up with the 45 total IBUs and 10 oz baseline.

I’m partial to WLP007 for dry ales, but any attenuative American Ale yeast would work well.