Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Reason for the season

Warm weather coming so getting close to opening my outside brew kitchen. Think I’ll do a 15 gallon batch. My pots a 20 gallon so I can do it with top up water. I’ll have to do a combo mash with biab and mash tun since my tuns not big enough and 30lb biab would be a beast. Any thoughts?

1 Like

78F here today…seems like spring has sprung but there’s still the possibility of some cold weather in March.

Maybe a Marzen?

1 Like

Yes a Marzen sounds good.

Maybe an electric winch from a wheeler? Big ol’ eye bolt, battery with a solar battery maintenance gizmo? Maybe an articulating arm you could swing it of to the side, dump it in a wagon and move it to the edge of the yard for… wild critters to consume? Food for thought… How soon will you have the porta tap out? Sneezles61

Mud season will be early this year so it’s still under a tarp. I did set it up on the deck of a friend’s house for a party back in January. Theres a funny story to that party

1 Like

I was thinking of brewing a marzen next week but realized I just brewed a vienna that’s very similar to my marzen grain bill. A bit less munich. I’m fermenting it with urquell yeast though as an experiment. I’d like to think I can save one keg until September…

I’m thinking I’ll brew a mosaic IPA next. Need to pickup a sack of 2 row.

Briess? :joy: Sneezles61

EWWWW…that shidt is grainy!

Yes I generally do get Briess because it’s not acidified like Rahr and my process is dialed in for it.

1 Like
Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com