Ready to dump my first batch

Yeah, I screwed up. I made a pale ale, put it in an inconspicuous place (1st error) and then completetly forgot about it. It sat in primary for just under 3 months. :roll:

I kegged it hoping for the best, but it tastes like burnt rubber (autolysis, I believe). Is there anything
that can be done to salvage it ? Someone suggested mixing it with another batch but I fear it will still
suck and I’ll end up dumping that too.

Just chalk it up as a learning lesson and dump it ?

[quote=“john57”]Yeah, I screwed up. I made a pale ale, put it in an inconspicuous place (1st error) and then completetly forgot about it. It sat in primary for just under 3 months. :roll:

I kegged it hoping for the best, but it tastes like burnt rubber (autolysis, I believe). Is there anything
that can be done to salvage it ? Someone suggested mixing it with another batch but I fear it will still
suck and I’ll end up dumping that too.

Just chalk it up as a learning lesson and dump it ?[/quote]
Dumping it is your best option. Blending a good batch with a bad one results in twice as much bad beer.

Have to say, you are the first brewer I’ve heard of who forgot the first batch like that. First timers are usually so eager to taste their efforts that it is a struggle to make them wait for the beer to finish and mature properly.

I didn’t mean it was my first batch I ever made, just that it was the first batch I needed to dump.

I brewed a ton during the 1st 6 months of this year ( about 2 batches a month) and just forgot about
this one.

Thx for the response.