Rate your passion for brewing right now

I’ve just started writing recipes and doing small experimental batches of them so yes, I am Brew Crazy right now.

I just kegged up two batches and am brewing two more tomorrow. Nearly every time I brew, I find something new to improve, that’s the fun of it for me. Been brewing for five years. Awww yeahhh.
:cheers:

I had slowed down for a while and was only brewing every month or two… but now I’m back to complete obsession.

Just need some more carboys. :mrgreen:

I have yet to slow down in all the years that I’ve enjoyed this hobby. I keep the kegs and fermenters full, but can’t say that I’m sniffing my vodka filled airlocks.

4 kegs full
3 carboys fermenting
multiple recipes waiting.

7 kegs and 10 cases of bottles all full of beer. I have all the ingredients on hand for 4 more batches. I can’t brew anymore beer until I have someplace to put the new batches. I’ve got 4 more kegs ordered and I just brought 2 cases of bottles back from the last competition I judged. I am going to be a brewers helper next month at the brew pub where my daughter works.

So…Yeah brew crazy now!

I didnt vote but am probably about a 3.5 right now. I have 6 full kegs but 4 empty fermenters. I do have plans to fill them but had to get my last days snowboarding in this weekend.

I will do at least 1 10 gal batch next weekend and possibly/probably do 2 so that all my fermenters get full up again.

My goal for the year is 200 gal and I am probably a little bit behind that at this point…

My goal is to keep it UNDER 200g. Don’t want to break the law an all. 8 of 9 primaries full and 4 batches on deck (ingredients in house) waiting to be brewed. It’s all I think about, all I read about, all I want to do.

5 corny kegs on tap; 6 gallons red wine in secondary; 6 gallons cider bulk maturing; brewing 11 gallons of Belgian Blonde (Westvleteren clone) next weekend, and purchased ingredients for an IPA after that, sometime soon.

I guess I won’t run out anytime in the near future.

I keep striving to break my previous years’ brewing records - brewing more gallons, trying new styles, etc. I keep breaking new ground and learning more with each batch.

Right now I’m working on nailing down the water chemistry for a few recipes that I like to repeat, and get things figured out so that I don’t have to reinvent the wheel with each batch - my ultimate goal is to have a recipe that I love for each style that I want to brew, and have it all worked out and organized in a nice book.

Brewing is taking a backseat to gardening at the moment, but I feel like I have a good enough handle on things to be able to keep the supplies up and focus my attention elsewhere.

Brew strong! :cheers:

There is a law which states how much we can brew?

I like brewing so much I have to brew for others, when our uncle gives us the OK we will sell my beer to you. So I rate it as a 7+

There is a law which states how much we can brew?[/quote]

You can brew 100 gallons a year. If there is more than one adult in your household you can brew up to 200 gallons. Linky
http://www.ttb.gov/beer/25_205.htm

I’m pretty high on brewing right now. My first all grain BIAB Pilsner should be done soon, I have a Surly Cynic pm about to go secondary, i’m drinking Irish Red, home brewed root beer, and Oatmeal Stout, and I just got my first mash tun! Got my eye on the Innkeeper all grain for next brew.

Due to some family health issues (now resolved) I wasn’t able to brew for about a year. It’s like exercise. Once I stop it’s hard for me to start again. Brewed this Saturday and man did it feel great! Ready to go again next week. I can feel the recipe ideas starting to bubble up.

My passion is waning right now. I have been getting into working out more since the beginning of the new year since my pants were getting tight, (I already bought new pants once!) Nothing kills the diet worse than 2-3 pints or a tulip of RIS or DIPA. Plus the whole setting up taking down cleaning up I don’t look forward to. I am going to have to suck it up soon though because I know I will want beer for the back deck come summer. I have ingredients probably for 4 5 gallon batches.

There is a law which states how much we can brew?[/quote]

You can brew 100 gallons a year. If there is more than one adult in your household you can brew up to 200 gallons. Linky
http://www.ttb.gov/beer/25_205.htm
[/quote]

OK, 200 for me. That’s a hefty goal, but I think I can achieve it, now if I can only get it approved SWMBO. Seriously, thanks for the info.

SWMBO thinks I’m a little too passionate. But then, for a woman who hates beer, or the smell of it, she’s pretty fantastic in her support. Right now, I have 8 cases in the basement, just bottles a Cream Ale last Thursday, put the Innkeeper in the secondary Friday, and brewed an Irish Red yesterday, my 4th AG, the first time I got to use my new Bayou Burner. Also have a sour cherry mead in the tertiary. On deck, a Viking Heather Ale from last April’s BYO magazine. I’m pretty excited about it all.

[quote=“paultuttle”]

OK, 200 for me. That’s a hefty goal, but I think I can achieve it, now if I can only get it approved SWMBO. Seriously, thanks for the info.[/quote]

I find it more beneficial to beg for forgiveness rather than ask for permission. “uh oh, Honey, you’ll never guess what I just did. I’m sooo sorry… I was fooling around with NB and placing things in my cart and whatnot, just for fun of course, when all of a sudden it just went. I don’t think I hit the submit order button… oh boy. Well, at least there’s not anything I can’t put to good use… This should probably last me a few months.” 3 weeks later . . . " :oops: uh oh, …"

[quote=“Chester3”]My goal is to keep it UNDER 200g. Don’t want to break the law an all. 8 of 9 primaries full and 4 batches on deck (ingredients in house) waiting to be brewed. It’s all I think about, all I read about, all I want to do.
:cheers: [/quote]

There are 2 adults in my house, who said anything about BREAKING the law. I just want to produce my lawfully given amount of beer. Thanks Jimmy Carter!