Question On Primary Fermentation

Last night i brewed the dead ringer Ipa extract kit and all went well, after i aerated for about thirty minutes i pitched the yeast and there has been little fermentation going on the krausen is only about 1 1/2 inches thick and there is airlock activity but im not to certain if this is normal the wort has been at about 66F and i am pondering on pitching more yeast tomorrow if the krausen level falls is this normal and is a 2nd yeast round a good idea?

did you make a starter for your yeast?

You brewed last night, have great krausen and active, aggressive fermentation already and that is not good enough? What more are you looking for?

Did you check your OG?

I would NOT add more yeast unless you have a stuck fermentation.

You should take one last look at it and maybe take a picture. Then walk away and only look at the photo for the next 2 weeks. Then check your gravity and pat yourself on the back for making a very good beer.

During the next 2 weeks, if you have not done so, read up on the importance of making yeast starters, controlling the actual beer temp during fermentation and how important it is to have patience and realize the the yeast are now making the beer, not you and the need peace and quiet and time.

[quote=“560sdl”]You brewed last night, have great krausen and active, aggressive fermentation already and that is not good enough? What more are you looking for?

Did you check your OG?

I would NOT add more yeast unless you have a stuck fermentation.

You should take one last look at it and maybe take a picture. Then walk away and only look at the photo for the next 2 weeks. Then check your gravity and pat yourself on the back for making a very good beer.

During the next 2 weeks, if you have not done so, read up on the importance of making yeast starters, controlling the actual beer temp during fermentation and how important it is to have patience and realize the the yeast are now making the beer, not you and the need peace and quiet and time.[/quote]

Hmmm. 2’x3’ poster size? Set it on the outside of the closet door.

On the topic of yeast starters, depending on your palate, they may be beneficial to your beers. Or not. Many tasty beers are made with out starters.

On the topic of THIS beer. Different yeast perform differently. Same yeast perform differently under different conditions (wort composition, temp…). I’m sure you beer is just fine. No need to add new yeast.

Hmmmmmm… I should do this and paste them to the outside of my buckets so I can still have the “glass” experience of seeing fermenting beer. In fact, they should make buckets that have a photo of fermenting wort on the outside so that we can “watch” our fermentation:)

In all seriousness in regard to OP - yep -it is all good. Leave it alone and come back in a couple weeks.