Question for Blichmann Beer Gun users

Do you find that you use much more CO2 when bottling batches with this? I know you are using CO2 to purge the bottles, and to push the beer out, but I am blowing through my teeny 5# tanks (I will typically bottle almost a full batch to make room in my kegging/fermenting fridge)

Are you sure you don’t have a leak somewhere? I don’t bottle with it a lot, but when I do I don’t notice that I go through my CO2 that much quicker. I guess it could be how long you are purging the bottles as well.

Same here, I don’t feel like I go through a lot of co2 either. I would check your connections.

Yep - check for leaks… I know mine leaks a bit sometimes when I hook up my beergun. Not a big deal, cause I don’t use it that long, or leave it hooked up. But, if I left the gas on with some of the connections hooked up, I am sure I would lose some gas.

Do you guys tighten the brass fittings that were pre-assembled/connected in the beer gun (ie where the male gas nozzle fits into the trigger mechanism)?

Part of my issue is with my regulator. I’m basically using plumbers tape every time I connect it. Not sure why I can’t get a good seal/connection.

you shouldn’t need plumbers tape at all. You need the infamous “white washer” between the tank and the regulator. That’s what seals, not the threads.

[quote=“Pietro”]Do you guys tighten the brass fittings that were pre-assembled/connected in the beer gun (ie where the male gas nozzle fits into the trigger mechanism)?

Part of my issue is with my regulator. I’m basically using plumbers tape every time I connect it. Not sure why I can’t get a good seal/connection.[/quote]

Yea you shouldn’t need plumbers tape there I don’t think. I have a taprite reg, removed the o-ring and use a felt washer that my gas filler recommended. You can crank down on the nut much more and it really seals up well.

you have a leak if your blowing through co2 really fast, especially if you always have to reconnect with tape. Do you have a white plastic washer in your regulator? if no get one

Anyone else have trouble with that stupid little rubber tip falling off? I used my beer gun for the first time yesterday and the tip fell off 4 times in the course of bottling about 4 gals…twice I had to dump a 12oz bottle of my Belgian dark strong to retrieve that little b@$+#&.

Not yet, but I’ve been waiting for it to happen. I imagine you have to scramble pretty quick to disconnect your liquid post as well. :slight_smile: I wanted to order a couple more of them but didn’t see them on the morebeer website.

Not yet, but I’ve been waiting for it to happen. I imagine you have to scramble pretty quick to disconnect your liquid post as well. :slight_smile: I wanted to order a couple more of them but didn’t see them on the morebeer website.[/quote]

Yea needless to say the 24 oz I poured out of bottles weren’t the only beer I lost…my bottling area required a good mopping and sanitizing afterward… :evil: My LHBS is ordering a pack of 5 tips for me.

Not yet, but I’ve been waiting for it to happen. I imagine you have to scramble pretty quick to disconnect your liquid post as well. :slight_smile: I wanted to order a couple more of them but didn’t see them on the morebeer website.[/quote]

Yea needless to say the 24 oz I poured out of bottles weren’t the only beer I lost…my bottling area required a good mopping and sanitizing afterward… :evil: My LHBS is ordering a pack of 5 tips for me.