Question about dennybrew setup

Hi,
Getting ready to build my all grain setup. I went to the dennybrew page and am ready to roll with one exception, the manifold. The one in the dennybrew pic is made of copper tubing with one end being rolled. Seems like this would be a bit difficult to clean. Question, could I use stainless steel pipe for the manifold to accommodate easier cleanings? Any reasons why this may not be a good idea?

[quote=“Misfit”]Hi,
Getting ready to build my all grain setup. I went to the dennybrew page and am ready to roll with one exception, the manifold. The one in the dennybrew pic is made of copper tubing with one end being rolled. Seems like this would be a bit difficult to clean. Question, could I use stainless steel pipe for the manifold to accommodate easier cleanings? Any reasons why this may not be a good idea?[/quote]

No, it’s not copper tubing. It’s the stainless steel braid from around a water supply line. DO NOT use pipe! Did you read the parts list and instructions?

Are you talking about the pickup tube in the kettle, or the braid in the cooler? The cooler is the key to Denny’s cheap and easy… once it goes into the kettle, do whatever (dump, siphon, drain, etc).

I’m an idiot. I looked at it wrong but now I understand. Also, no pipe. Got it.

Thanks!