Purchase co2

Me started to panic. Begin this week. I was getting low on co2. The restaurant at work closed. So me thinking. Damn i do run out of co2. So i decided to go to the whole seller. For heineken. And cocacola. They where nice. No you can not become. A client unless. You have a paper from chamber of comerce. Well my brew buddy has a conpany here on island. Did ask him. For a copy. Sure. No big deal. No i am a client. Got my self. 2. 20 lbs tanks. Co2. Price. For both tanks 60 dollar. Had to exhange. My empty ones. So no need for a deposit. Moral to the story. Me happy. And no more begging. For co2. I go direct to the source

6 Likes

We are even running out of CO2 here. Or so the news is says. You could always prime your kegs and get carbonation naturally first before hooking up to gas I suppose.

2 Likes

That could be the option. Hhaha. Dont tell my brewbuddy. That i use priming sugar. He has diabetics

I’m pretty sure I can get gas when I need it but what I was concerned about is sure I can bottle but how would I get the beer out of already full kegs

The sugar will ferment out completely and just give you CO2 and a tiny bit of alcohol.

1 Like

Turn em upside down, put a picnic tap on a gas qd.

1 Like

Hope we don’t get there

2 Likes

I was in panic mode Wednesday when my 2nd bottle ran dry. Turns out I found a beer distributor near my house that fills a 5 pounder for $7.50. My LHBS charges me per pound and it’s usually 17 and some change for a 5lb fill.

2 Likes

Yea that’s cheap. I get mine from a fire equipment company. About 20 for the 5 lb and 30ish for the 20 lb.

There are plenty of welding supply companies in my area. Went into one and they happily filled a 5lb tank for $14. I am sure I will be seeing a lot more of him coming up!

1 Like