Pump questions

Going to be buying a pump in the very near future. Just want to know the benefits of March vs Chugger, as well as inline vs center. I have a small system and would primarily be using the pump to transfer through a counter flow chiller and to transfer from the hlt to the mash tun for the sparge. Thanks

I have the stainless in-line Chugger and it works well. Reason I did the inline is the threads are both 1/2" which are what my quick disconnects are where as the ‘in’ on the center one is 3/4" which would have required a reducer to work with my QD’s. Also think about how you’ll switch the pump, plugging and unplugging works but having a remote switch for the pump is much more convenient.

Both pumps will work fine for your application. I have the March 809HS PL pump with a 815 impeller (larger dia). I upgraded the impeller so that I could get more head (pressure) for pumping through two CFCs. If the Chugger was available at the time that I bought my March, I may have gone with it because the larger inlet would help with increased flow and reducing the possibility of pump cavitation.