Proven hangover prevention?

[quote=“ynotbrusum”]

Enjoy yourself, a little hangover isn’t a terrible thing.[/quote]
This is what I’m thinking. Just deal with the hangover, it’ll be worth it. Unless you have something super important to do on Saturday, then don’t drink that much. But be sure to drink lots of water before bed and in the morning.

I have a pic somewhere of my brothers an I slamming pedialyte in NOLA after a Mardi Gras session. Also works great, but vita coco is cheaper, as is water…

I always just figure if its a weekend Im in luck. If not, schedule in advance to have the next day off work and hydrate

A big glass of water or two before bed, plus a Naproxen. Works for me every time…

mix alka seltzer with a glass of 50% OJ or gatorade, 50% water, drink before bed.

Also, I am a huge water drinker. I will usually have 2-3 liters per day on average, just absent-mindedly drinking it @ my desk and with meals. typically, hangovers are my b!tch. General rule: if you actually FEEL thirsty, you are already becoming dehydrated, which will compound hangover symptoms. When my wife gets HO, she almost always didn’t drink enough water the day before. Another important point, if you try to re-hydrate the day after a day of heavy boozin, your body won’t absorb the water and you’ll just pee it out. It is of paramount importance to have good flow PRIOR to introducing alcohol to your system.

Also, regarding brewfests in general, I dump a decent amount of samples. @ GABF this year, unless something was AWESOME, I would usually just taste it, and dump a portion of the 1-oz sample. Spend time walking around and figuring out what you’d want to try, not just standing in front of a particular brewery (or moving from brewery to brewery) shoving multiple brews down your gullet.

FTFY

[quote=“Denny”][quote=“Shadetree”]Easiest way to prevent a hangover is to stop drinking sooner.[/quote]FTFY[/quote]Might work for some people, I guess. :wink:

[quote=“ynotbrusum”]Some swear by Propel water products - something about all the hydrolites and minerals helps get your system back in line…also just pace yourself and take a break to talk a little about the beers! There should be plenty of people interested in the topic at this event.

Enjoy yourself, a little hangover isn’t a terrible thing.[/quote]

Yeah - I know some who swear by Gatorade and a couple aspirin or ibuprofen before bed. Personally, I follow Budweiser’s advice - “Know when to say when.”

I love great food just as much as great beer, so my typical regime is to drink until I can’t stand the hunger, eat until I can’t stand the full, and then sip until I can’t stand the tired.

But in general, food and water, they’re the most important things. A full belly keeps you from drinking too much, water keeps you hydrated.

My method seems to treat me well.

Chug some water or Gatorade before bed. Drink more water or Gatorade than you want to… Then when you wake up in a few hours to piss, drink some more water.

Also sleeping in never hurts :cheers:

What if you don’t wake up to piss? :frowning:

Then either you pissed in the bed or you need to get older :mrgreen:

Well, what do you know? This actually works! I feel great! Yippee! Now I’m ready to vote!

My brother swears up and down that eating a bunch of jalapenos is a sure fire remedy for a hangover. I haven’t tried it, but he says you sweat it out and s**t it out.

Makes sense? Maybe?

If you aren’t hung over the day after a brew fest, even with trying all the above remedies… you didn’t brewfest properly :lol:

haven’t had a hangover in years…don’t poison yourself and you won’t get a hang over. enjoy your drinks in moderation. keep a nice mild buzz and enjoy the evening. don’t drive buzed.

i find a b complex vitamin and a glass of water before bed helps a lot.

food if you have any

My best hangover prevention so far atleast for going to a brewfest is taking my wife along she tends to moderate my sampling for me :smiley: Now going with a bunch of wild friends is another story

i don’t know if any one said this but, take b12 before you drink, i usually take 2. i have also found eating a greasy breakfast gets rid of em in a jiffy.

I dunno about prevention, but my cure is morning beer.

That Uugh feeling is gone by the time the first pint o the morning is.

I tell my wife that hops have medicinal properties. 8)