Proper punishment for crime against my hops!

My newly planted Columbus rhizome had a good start, about 18" tall. So I am out of town for 4 days and my wife decides she needs a larger pot for one of her plants. She pulls it out and transplants it into a dinky little pot. I return to find it all withered and nearly dead. I hope to revive it. What punishment fits this crime ?

I’ve been watching a lot of Game of Thrones lately so you don’t want to know what I think…

Is it dead or nearly dead? If it is a first year plant, which it sounds like it is, it was most likely not gong to do much this year anyways in terms of production. Just replant it, let it spread its roots and wait for next year.

Side note: if it was in a pot make sure it is a pretty huge pot. Those things need lots of room for roots.

Google “The Spanish Inquisition” :frowning:

We are so full of good advice here.

did you see what Joffrey did to the whores Tyrian sent to his chambers as a gift?

Come on now. This is his wife we are talking about here. I was just thinking of beheading her or at worst doing that rat in the can trick.

Seriously though; Joffrey’s a douche and I hope your hops live and something of your wife’s is accidentally transplant.

Steak dinner and a Bee-jh…

Steak dinner and a Bee-jh…[/quote]

What he said…

[quote=“shizzy”]

+1 What Shizzy said

[quote=“andjenliang”][quote=“shizzy”]

+1 What Shizzy said[/quote]

Didn’t you guys read his post? He said his ‘wife’ not ‘girlfriend’. :lol:

[quote=“dobe12”][quote=“andjenliang”][quote=“shizzy”]

+1 What Shizzy said[/quote]

Didn’t you guys read his post? He said his ‘wife’ not ‘girlfriend’. :lol: [/quote]

HA! That’s why its dinner and a bee-jh, not a beer and a bee-jh.
Hmmmm that being said a homebrew and bee-jh sounds quite good too.

[quote=“n8young”]did you see what Joffrey did to the whores Tyrian sent to his chambers as a gift?[/quote]This is a good example of why I am not watching the HBO version of the story - Tyrion never sent whores to Joffrey.

You might salt her newly potted plant. Admit to nothing and reclaim the pot for your own, just be sure to throw out the soil.

That or just buy several pounds of hops and tell her its to replace the output of that rhizome.

Too bad you can’t separate the 2. It’s a great show! From what I’m told, the show tells all the same major plot points as the books, but often takes a different route to get there. But they have too. There’s no way you can pack the entire book into a TV series.

Fantastic show though. You should give it a shot before you knock it.

[quote=“dobe12”]Fantastic show though. You should give it a shot before you knock it.[/quote]I did: a whore house at Winterfell, Tyrion with no beard (and with whores Jaime bought for him), Daenarys forced to have sex with Drago, horrible mis-castings (particularly Catelyn), etc., and all in the first episode. From what my friends tell me, they are not following the story line correctly and are adding all sorts of stuff (like Tyrion sending whores to Joffrey and a totally gay Sir Loras and Renly) that are just there because it’s HBO. But I hear it’s good from people who don’t know the books or don’t care about the changes (although most of them think that it’s supposed to be set in the middle ages on Earth :wink: ).

To the OP, sorry for the mini-hijack on Fire and Ice. :cheers:

I hear just the opposite. I’ve never read the books. Just not the type of books I like to read… but I work with two guys who have read them and what they keep saying is that the same major plot points are there. They change the way they’re told. Meaning in the book a character may be talking about something that happened, but in the show they’ll show you it happening. Or the other way around.

Whatever… no bother to me. It’s the best show on television. So many plots, so much story to follow. Peter Dinklage is awesome as Tyrion. And the kid playing Joffrey Lannister is so easy to hate! And how can you go wrong with some nice nudity in every single episode.

EDIT for typos.

[quote=“Shadetree”][quote=“dobe12”]Fantastic show though. You should give it a shot before you knock it.[/quote]I did: a whore house at Winterfell, Tyrion with no beard (and with whores Jaime bought for him), Daenarys forced to have sex with Drago, horrible mis-castings (particularly Catelyn), etc., and all in the first episode. From what my friends tell me, they are not following the story line correctly and are adding all sorts of stuff (like Tyrion sending whores to Joffrey and a totally gay Sir Loras and Renly) that are just there because it’s HBO. But I hear it’s good from people who don’t know the books or don’t care about the changes (although most of them think that it’s supposed to be set in the middle ages on Earth :wink: ).

To the OP, sorry for the mini-hijack on Fire and Ice. :cheers: [/quote]

Oh and Jaime didn’t buy whores for Tyrion. Tyrion bought whores for Joffery.

[quote=“dobe12”]Oh and Jaime didn’t buy whores for Tyrion. Tyrion bought whores for Joffery.[/quote]First time you meet Tyrion, at Winterfell, he’s in a brothel in the castle with a single whore, then Jaime enters with two more that he paid for. Which would never happen, first because there was no brothel at Winterfell or in the winter town, and second because Jaime was part of a horrible “lesson” that their father tried to teach Tyrion when he was a teenager that involved a whore (at least that’s what Tyrion thinks at this point in the story). [quote=“dobe12”]I work with two guys who have read them and what they keep saying is that the same major plot points are there.[/quote]Not to harp on it, because I’m sure it’s great if you don’t know or care about the changes, but I think great stories ought to be kept as originally told, not messed with - look at how they did “Lord of the Rings” for a great example of trimming where you must to make it fit within the time frame but not making any major changes.

To keep this to brewing, I am curious if they will mention the “fearsomely strong cider” served at a certain tavern in Old Town - George RR Martin is so enamored with that turn of phrase that I think he uses it at least a half-dozen times in book four.

[quote=“Shadetree”][quote=“dobe12”]Oh and Jaime didn’t buy whores for Tyrion. Tyrion bought whores for Joffery.[/quote]First time you meet Tyrion, at Winterfell, he’s in a brothel in the castle with a single whore, then Jaime enters with two more that he paid for. Which would never happen, first because there was no brothel at Winterfell or in the winter town, and second because Jaime was part of a horrible “lesson” that their father tried to teach Tyrion when he was a teenager that involved a whore (at least that’s what Tyrion thinks at this point in the story). [quote=“dobe12”]I work with two guys who have read them and what they keep saying is that the same major plot points are there.[/quote]Not to harp on it, because I’m sure it’s great if you don’t know or care about the changes, but I think great stories ought to be kept as originally told, not messed with - look at how they did “Lord of the Rings” for a great example of trimming where you must to make it fit within the time frame but not making any major changes.

To keep this to brewing, I am curious if they will mention the “fearsomely strong cider” served at a certain tavern in Old Town - George RR Martin is so enamored with that turn of phrase that I think he uses it at least a half-dozen times in book four.[/quote]

Get serious. Lord of the Rings was a huge budget movie. This is a TV series. They couldn’t possibly fit all that is talked about in the books into a TV series. It’s just not possible. Plus when they shot season 1, they didn’t know if it would take off or not. That’s why there are no crazy complex battle scenes for example. They shoot the first season of most shows lower budget to see how they do. Then if people are watching they can dump more money into the following seasons to make them even better. Which they did for season 2 (this past week’s episode is the perfect example) That’s just the nature of television. Like I said before… it’s just a shame you can’t separate the two and enjoy the series for what it is. Sounds like a ‘too cool for school’ sort of thing. But hey, no skin off my back. I’m enjoying it.

[quote=“Shadetree”][quote=“dobe12”]Oh and Jaime didn’t buy whores for Tyrion. Tyrion bought whores for Joffery.[/quote]First time you meet Tyrion, at Winterfell, he’s in a brothel in the castle with a single whore, then Jaime enters with two more that he paid for. Which would never happen, first because there was no brothel at Winterfell or in the winter town, and second because Jaime was part of a horrible “lesson” that their father tried to teach Tyrion when he was a teenager that involved a whore (at least that’s what Tyrion thinks at this point in the story). [quote=“dobe12”]I work with two guys who have read them and what they keep saying is that the same major plot points are there.[/quote]Not to harp on it, because I’m sure it’s great if you don’t know or care about the changes, but I think great stories ought to be kept as originally told, not messed with - look at how they did “Lord of the Rings” for a great example of trimming where you must to make it fit within the time frame but not making any major changes.

To keep this to brewing, I am curious if they will mention the “fearsomely strong cider” served at a certain tavern in Old Town - George RR Martin is so enamored with that turn of phrase that I think he uses it at least a half-dozen times in book four.[/quote]

I also wouldn’t consider a brothel in Winterfell a “major change”.