Priming or forced carbonatio

HI…I´m from Ecuador, and we are starting with a craft brewery, one of our hardest decisions is to start with priming or forced carbonation. do you guys have any advice???
Any help on this topic will be very welcome

cheers!!!

Andrian

Are you talking about a commercial venture or home brewing?
In my situation I only have room for two kegs on tap so I prime my kegs using roughly 1/3 cup of priming sugar per 5 gallons. I usually have 1 or 2 kegs priming at room temp. for 2 to 4 weeks, and it works for me. If you want a quick turn around forced carbonation is the way to go. I’ve done this a couple of times and really have not seen a difference in taste, mouth feel, or carbonation level. I hope this helps you.

Force carbonating will get your beer out the door or on tap faster and there will be little sediment in the kegs to deal with.

Thanks
it is for commercial purposes…I´ve been brewing for almost 2 years, and I allways did priming because i didn´t have the equipement to force carbonation. But now for costumers and to start the bussiness don´t know what´s the best technique.

I think it would depend on your equipment and the beer(s) you want to make.

I could get the equipement to force that´s not a problem, the beers will be ipa, red ale, stout and tripel. I was Thinking more on the release issue and haw the customers will see the product, with or witout sediment, concerning that is a crafted beer.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is bottle-conditioned, so it can be done for commercial pale ales. If equipment and space aren’t issues for you, though, it’s probably easier and faster to produce a consistent product using a chilled bright tank and force-carbing.

force carbonation is the way to go. it’s faster, and that’s important for craft breweries

for commercial brewing the question is not even close. you need fast turnaround and the space required to store the beer for priming can be a problem so this makes forced carbing the easy choice.

[quote=“andrian.rg”]HI…I´m from Ecuador, and we are starting with a craft brewery, one of our hardest decisions is to start with priming or forced carbonation. do you guys have any advice???

cheers!!!

Andrian[/quote]

Hola, Andrian!

Where, in Ecuador?..Quito?
I recently bought a house in Cotacachi, and I plan to retire and do some brewing there, ( just for personal consumption!)
Good luck with your endeavor, and I hope to catch up with you one day! :cheers:

thanks guys…were very helfull all your comments

cheers!!!

[quote=“Stealthcruiser”][quote=“andrian.rg”]HI…I´m from Ecuador, and we are starting with a craft brewery, one of our hardest decisions is to start with priming or forced carbonation. do you guys have any advice???

cheers!!!

Andrian[/quote]

Hola, Andrian!

I recently bought a house in Cotacachi, and I plan to retire and do some brewing there, ( just for personal consumption!)
Good luck with your endeavor, and I hope to catch up with you one day! :cheers: [/quote]

Hi…yes, in Quito. It will be great to catch up with you for sure!..send me your e-mail address, we can arange a visit in our brewery in Quito, when it will be ready to go in a couple of weeks.

cheers!!!

[quote=“andrian.rg”][quote=“Stealthcruiser”][quote=“andrian.rg”]HI…I´m from Ecuador, and we are starting with a craft brewery, one of our hardest decisions is to start with priming or forced carbonation. do you guys have any advice???

cheers!!!

Andrian[/quote]

Hola, Andrian!

Good luck with your endeavor, and I hope to catch up with you one day! :cheers: [/quote]

P.M. with e-mail address sent.
Take care, Brother, and I’ll give you a shout, ( e-mail) on the next trip down!..Probably late May, early June.

Hi…yes, in Quito. It will be great to catch up with you for sure!..send me your e-mail address, we can arange a visit in our brewery in Quito, when it will be ready to go in a couple of weeks.

cheers!!![/quote]

Hola, Andrian!

P.M. with e-mail address sent.
Take care, Brother, and I’ll give you a shout, ( e-mail) on the next trip down!..Probably late May, early June.

cheers!!![/quote][/quote]

Andrian…Check your messages, listed at the top of the board index…I sent you one, about a potential visit in May.