Primary size

I picked up a 7.9 gallon fermenting bucket to use for some beers that will blow out in a 6.5 gallon bucket. Is there and issues with leaving it in there for entire fermentation? I rarely secondary anything anymore but with the extra headspace I was wondering if that’d change anything. I usually don’t ever open the lid until 3 weeks then bottle if done.
Thanks

I ferment 2.5 gallon batches all the time in my 6.5 gallon fermenters and they work fine for me. I don’t secondary either; I just let all my stuff go at least 3 weeks (usually more, depending on my schedule) and bottle them. Then again, with only 18 batches under my belt, I’m still trying to do things as simply as possible.

It’s all good. Do what you’ve got to do, with the resources you have. I usually make 1.7 to 2 gallons at a time in 3-gallon carboys. It works.

The head space will be full of CO2 so you will be fine, I do it all the time. Don’t open it to much if you are going to leave it in there.If you bother to do a secondary it would need to be put in something smaller.