Post pour additions

I have a very nice centennial IPA on tap now. I was just making some jalapeño corn bread to have with dinner and decided to drop a slice of jalapeño into my remaining half glass of IPA. I like it! It needed to sit for a few minutesto contribute anything, but it adds just a tiny bit of lingering heat that I find nice.

Have you guys added anything to the beer after the pour that you liked? What beer was it and what did you add?

some may say it’s a sin, but TJ to my Dill Ale. it was awesome with the TJ, pure crap without it. I’ve also added an assortment of hot peppers to a variety of pales in different quantities. it was brought up on another board adding crushed black patent, chocolate malt, and the like to your coffee grounds. I’ve done that. Roasted barley is one to shy away from. :lol:

I add different beers to my beer. It almost always tastes great. I keep 5 on tap so I will mix a cream ale with a black ipa for example. Fun to experiment.

Greg, the IPA I added the jalapeño to is actually your THA recipe. Its quite nice. When would you say it’s at it’s prime? It’s been kegged for 4 weeks now and I think it’s really hitting its stride now.

[quote=“roffenburger”]Greg, the IPA I added the jalapeño to is actually your THA recipe. Its quite nice. When would you say it’s at it’s prime? It’s been kegged for 4 weeks now and I think it’s really hitting its stride now.[/quote]3-4 weeks is when most of my beers hit their prime. The only beer I prefer young is Denny’s Rye IPA. Other beers have the flavors marry a 3-4 weeks. Before that, they taste like seperate ingredients.