Popcorn Flavored beer?

I have always wanted to know what would go in it, grains, hops, malt, etc. Also if you have popcorn recipes, please let me know!

Make a pilsner style lager, do a really short and weak boil, with the lid on, don’t pitch enough yeast, rack the beer to secondary before it’s done fermenting, and cold crash it at the same time. DMS (corn flavor) and diacetyl (buttery flavor) to the max.

That’d do it! Also, Aeverlin, DMS and diacetyl are considered faults in most beer so a popcorn beer won’t win you any prizes. Brew a nice pilsner, lager or American pale ale, and enjoy it while munching on popcorn instead.

:lol:

[quote=“Hades”]
That’d do it! Also, Aeverlin, DMS and diacetyl are considered faults in most beer so a popcorn beer won’t win you any prizes. Brew a nice pilsner, lager or American pale ale, and enjoy it while munching on popcorn instead.[/quote]

Thats generally my reaction to chili pepper beers as well :cheers:

I make a faux pils with about 40% flaked maize that is frigging delicious. Bright corn flavor but crisp and hoppy.

Sun King out if Indianapolis actually dumps trash bags full of popcorn into their Pils. Kinda crazy.