Pint Glass Collection

How many pint/beer glasses do you own? How do you store them/ display them? I have 25 16oz pint glasses and a handful of other beer glasses. I have them all in a cabinet but would like to find a great way to display them that would keep them clean and ready to use as well.

I have a display cabinet built into my bar with glass and a light. I put my pint glasses there that I want to display. These are pint glasses that mean something to me like my pint glasses from brew pubs that I will probably never get to again, breweries that I never will probably get to visit, or glasses that were obtained through great times/memories. I usually have 1 on display and one in the glass cabinet to use.

I’ve stopped buying glasses, not enough space in my cupboard. But I’ve got more than I need, for sure; maybe 10 or 12. And a bunch of little tasting glasses from brewfests, I use those for sampling after gravity readings and sampling a freshly tapped keg.
In general, there’s only a couple I really like to use.

[quote=“Beersk”]I’ve stopped buying glasses, not enough space in my cupboard. But I’ve got more than I need, for sure; maybe 10 or 12. And a bunch of little tasting glasses from brewfests, I use those for sampling after gravity readings and sampling a freshly tapped keg.
In general, there’s only a couple I really like to use.[/quote]

Same here. I have probably about 8 different types of glasses, not including small tasting glasses that I accumulated from brewfests. I keep most on a shelf just above my kegerator. These consist of IPA glasses, tulips, stanges, snifters, and standard pint glasses. On the kegerator itself I have a few large weizen glasses and my big ass “I’ve had a rough day” Pilsner Urquel glass. That thing is a monster. I swear if anyone ever breaks in, I’m heading straight for that glass as my weapon. I also keep a few pint glasses in the freezer for my friends who want to kill the flavor in my beers by using an ice cold glass. I kid though. Whichever glass they choose is up to them. I do always wait until they are about 1/2 done with the glass and I know it’s warmed up a bit when I comment “So, the beer is warming up slightly, how’s it taste?”. And I usually get “Wow, so much more flavor!”. :roll:

I’m about done buying glasses. People often try to give me old glass ware thinking “He’s a home brewer. He’ll want this”. Nope, I’m good.
The only glasses I still want are one or two nice pilsner glasses. That would round out my collection nicely.

We have a local beer bar that has “Pint Night” on Thursdays that include a free beer of the week glass. Needless to say I’ve have been collecting those for a few years and ran out of storage room (100+ glasses) . So now I only collect those Glass Whales and give the rest away.

[quote=“dobe12”][quote=“Beersk”]I’ve stopped buying glasses, not enough space in my cupboard. But I’ve got more than I need, for sure; maybe 10 or 12. And a bunch of little tasting glasses from brewfests, I use those for sampling after gravity readings and sampling a freshly tapped keg.
In general, there’s only a couple I really like to use.[/quote]

Same here. I have probably about 8 different types of glasses, not including small tasting glasses that I accumulated from brewfests. I keep most on a shelf just above my kegerator. These consist of IPA glasses, tulips, stanges, snifters, and standard pint glasses. On the kegerator itself I have a few large weizen glasses and my big ass “I’ve had a rough day” Pilsner Urquel glass. That thing is a monster. I swear if anyone ever breaks in, I’m heading straight for that glass as my weapon. I also keep a few pint glasses in the freezer for my friends who want to kill the flavor in my beers by using an ice cold glass. I kid though. Whichever glass they choose is up to them. I do always wait until they are about 1/2 done with the glass and I know it’s warmed up a bit when I comment “So, the beer is warming up slightly, how’s it taste?”. And I usually get “Wow, so much more flavor!”. :roll:

I’m about done buying glasses. People often try to give me old glass ware thinking “He’s a home brewer. He’ll want this”. Nope, I’m good.
The only glasses I still want are one or two nice pilsner glasses. That would round out my collection nicely.[/quote]
Agreed. There definitely are a couple more glasses I want, but I just haven’t made the effort to get them. One would be a krug for many of my German lagers. But mostly, I drink out of my Sam Adams glass or a nonic.

There was a bar where I used to go with friends after work that gave you a free Molson glass with every one you drank. One night I had 4-5 beers and a chick I worked with had 4-5 and she gave me her glasses. We did that for several nights I have like 2-3 computer paper boxes full of Molsen glasses.

Does this also count glasses on hand with your brewery logo on them? Because I keep a case or two of these just for presents and giveaways on top of my normal collection of a few favorites. I keep the ones that I use most often displayed along the glass rail on the back of my kegerator.

My wife told me just this past week - “we definitely do not need any more beer glasses any time soon”. I think it may have been sarcasm; so I feel the need to get more. :smiley:

Just took 4 more home from a comp yesterday!

I have a whole bunch of 12 oz glasses that my wife and I gathered through the years, but my collection of pint (actually 1/2 liter) glasses is pretty modest at present, consisting of two NB nonic glasses, two Bitburger pilsner glasses, and one standard style Frydenlund glass.