Perlick "perl" issue

I have recently installed my new Perl faucet and have noticed it to be extremely loose. I cant even have a tap handle on it, it just falls open! I went into my garage this morning, and the faucet had opened up and leaked the remaining 3+ gallons of my homebrew onto the floor… Any thoughts or advice?

thanks
Derek

Snugging up the nut that holds the handle shaft into the body should resolve that. They really don’t have a firm snap-back like some faucets but work great overall.

See below.

[attachment=0]Tap Adjustment.JPG[/attachment]

I have tried tightening both nuts, but the bottom but never seems to get tight… Probably the main problem, I just thought that it was something different that perlick did differently that the standard faucets.

Derek

[quote=“dereku”]I have tried tightening both nuts, but the bottom but never seems to get tight… Probably the main problem, I just thought that it was something different that perlick did differently that the standard faucets.

Derek[/quote]

Yes, the diagram provided above is not a Perlick Perl faucet, and there are differences in the design and parts. It should still snug up, so have you taken it apart to clean it and possibly lost one of the components? If not you might consider calling Perlick as these faucets don’t ever seem to get real snug anyway, at least the one I have sitting here doesn’t either.

These kinda posts keep me from upgrading from my plastic taps… Maybe one day I’ll take the plunge and get 4 perlicks.

No reason to worry. I’ve had 20+ years with all kinds of taps and no real issues. Issues are rare.

Get the real taps. There’s just something nice about pulling a tap handle to pour some of your own beer. I don’t think it would be the same will a plastic tap.

I got a hold of Perlick the other day, turns out about 6 months ago they made a batch of rotating tap handles faucets. The guy said they had quite a few complaints about them, and he sent me out a new set up. The new one feels much better…