Pbw vs. oxi clean

I myself have never used oxi clean but i know that many people do use it. I am wondering what the benefits are. Is it cheaper than pbw or is it easier to use somehow?I am about to run out of pbw and very curious of what to buy.

Any advice would be appreciated.Thank you in advance :cheers:

Oxiclean is much less expensive than PBW. IMO, it works almost as well. I’ve used Oxi for years and still do. For really critical cleaning, I use PBW, but Oxi is a fine substitute.

[quote=“rand3rd”]I myself have never used oxi clean but i know that many people do use it. I am wondering what the benefits are. Is it cheaper than pbw or is it easier to use somehow?I am about to run out of pbw and very curious of what to buy.

Any advice would be appreciated.Thank you in advance :cheers: [/quote]

I have used both and IMO pbw is slightly better but i use oxi clean free exclusivly now…They both have the same ease of use actually pbw rinses better and cleaner but oxi is very good and much cheaper and will leave you gear sweaky clean just rinse it very well with luke warm water and it works awesome…cheers

oh yeah make sure you use “oxi clean versatile free” not regular versatile OC with the blue crystals

Essentially the same from me. Oxyclean free for most things, although I prefer PBW for my brew pot and carboys. I always keep PBW on hand for cleaning other kitchen and food prep items like the coffeemaker, soaking my thermos, etc.

I did find that my local grocery chain store’s generic version of oxyclean was not nearly as effective as the brand name, so for me the generic was not worth the cost savings.

[quote=“mattbrew83”][quote=“rand3rd”]I myself have never used oxi clean but i know that many people do use it. I am wondering what the benefits are. Is it cheaper than pbw or is it easier to use somehow?I am about to run out of pbw and very curious of what to buy.

I have used both and IMO pbw is slightly better but i use oxi clean free exclusivly now…They both have the same ease of use actually pbw rinses better and cleaner but oxi is very good and much cheaper and will leave you gear sweaky clean just rinse it very well with luke warm water and it works awesome…cheers

oh yeah make sure you use “oxi clean versatile free” not regular versatile OC with the blue crystals[/quote]

I use the stuff with the blue crystals and have for yeasr. No problems.

[quote=“Denny”][quote=“mattbrew83”][quote=“rand3rd”]I myself have never used oxi clean but i know that many people do use it. I am wondering what the benefits are. Is it cheaper than pbw or is it easier to use somehow?I am about to run out of pbw and very curious of what to buy.

oh yeah make sure you use “oxi clean versatile free” not regular versatile OC with the blue crystals[/quote]

I use the stuff with the blue crystals and have for yeasr. No problems.[/quote]

I have used both oxi cleans and the one with blue crystals works fine but the free one works better…just my opinion

[quote=“Denny”][quote=“mattbrew83”][quote=“rand3rd”]I myself have never used oxi clean but i know that many people do use it. I am wondering what the benefits are. Is it cheaper than pbw or is it easier to use somehow?I am about to run out of pbw and very curious of what to buy.

I use the stuff with the blue crystals and have for yeasr. No problems.[/quote]

I have used both oxi cleans and the one with blue crystals works fine but the free one works better…just my opinion

I get mine from the Dollartree, guess how much a pound tub costs. It works well.

how much?

how much?[/quote]

I think mine went up to $4 for a 3lb tub.

how much?[/quote]

I think mine went up to $4 for a 3lb tub.[/quote]

Thats a good price i get a 3 lb tub of brand name oxi clean free for 7 bucks