Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Patersbier forced carbonation time

I just kegged my first Patersbier today and have started force carbonating it. My question is, how long will it take to carbonate it to the same levels as the name brand beers? I have it in the fridge set at 30 psi, rolled it around until I couldn’t hear the co2 going into the keg anymore. The fridge is set on 38 F. I’m very new to kegging, my last beer came out flat and more wine-like.

I have recently changed my method of force carbing. I now set the pressure to 30psi and leave it for 24hrs. Then dial it back to 10psi and in a day or two it’s good to go. So I think you’d be good in another 2 days.

In the past I did the old set it and forget it, by setting the psi at 10 and letting it sit for a week or two. I noticed after a week it was carbed, but after 2 it was perfect. But I got tired of waiting 7-14 days to have my beer carbed. I mean, 1/2 the reason of kegging is to cut carbing time down. If I want to wait 2 weeks, I’d stick with bottling.

Ok, thanks for the quick reply. I’ll give it a try.

[quote=“dobe12”]I have recently changed my method of force carbing. I now set the pressure to 30psi and leave it for 24hrs. Then dial it back to 10psi and in a day or two it’s good to go. So I think you’d be good in another 2 days.
In the past I did the old set it and forget it, by setting the psi at 10 and letting it sit for a week or two. I noticed after a week it was carbed, but after 2 it was perfect. But I got tired of waiting 7-14 days to have my beer carbed. I mean, 1/2 the reason of kegging is to cut carbing time down. If I want to wait 2 weeks, I’d stick with bottling.[/quote]

I’m trying this with the mex lager I just xfer’d to keg from lagering. Two weeks :cry: is a long time: my last batch was at 10psi set and forget and really ready at 2weeks.

:cheers:

Thank you for the help dobe12! Beer came out great after I bled the pressure out of the keg before getting my first beer. Thank again

[quote=“StormyBrew”][quote=“dobe12”]I have recently changed my method of force carbing. I now set the pressure to 30psi and leave it for 24hrs. Then dial it back to 10psi and in a day or two it’s good to go. So I think you’d be good in another 2 days.
In the past I did the old set it and forget it, by setting the psi at 10 and letting it sit for a week or two. I noticed after a week it was carbed, but after 2 it was perfect. But I got tired of waiting 7-14 days to have my beer carbed. I mean, 1/2 the reason of kegging is to cut carbing time down. If I want to wait 2 weeks, I’d stick with bottling.[/quote]

I’m trying this with the mex lager I just xfer’d to keg from lagering. Two weeks :cry: is a long time: my last batch was at 10psi set and forget and really ready at 2weeks.

:cheers: [/quote]

Update: worked great. Drinking now and nicely carb’d.

cheers.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com