Partial Mash with Wheat

Hey all, I am brewing my first wheat/hefeweizen beer and I have some questions about the grain bill. I would like do a partial mash with around 6 lbs of grain. Currently, this is what I have:

4 lb White Wheat 42.1%
2 lb Pilsner 21.1%
0.5 lb Munich Light 5.3%
3 lb Dry Malt Extract - Light 31.6%

My question is with wheat not having enough enzymes to convert to sugars, how much grain/barley do I need for the partial mash compare to the amount of wheat? I have read some places its 1:1 ratio which the above is not meeting.

Also, the white wheat, being malted, I have no other steps other than the mash (with an acid rest @ 111 degrees for 20 mins), as opposed to raw wheat? What is the propose of raw wheat? Just for peeps to malt it themselves?

Thanks.

[quote=“jt drowns”]Hey all, I am brewing my first wheat/hefeweizen beer and I have some questions about the grain bill. I would like do a partial mash with around 6 lbs of grain. Currently, this is what I have:

4 lb White Wheat 42.1%
2 lb Pilsner 21.1%
0.5 lb Munich Light 5.3%
3 lb Dry Malt Extract - Light 31.6%

My question is with wheat not having enough enzymes to convert to sugars, how much grain/barley do I need for the partial mash compare to the amount of wheat? I have read some places its 1:1 ratio which the above is not meeting.

Thanks.[/quote]

Wheat does have enough enzymes to convert itself. You are good to go with your recipe.