Oxyclean?

Hi guys I’m planning on brewing today. I have a question that’s probably been asked before on oxyclean? I bought the versatile ( free) Ive read it’s the one to use? Is it good on all beer equipment or just bottles? Thanks

I use it on all of my equipment and bottles. Just make sure you rinse well.

I’ve used Oxiclean on everything…bottles, kegs, carboys, faucets, ball valves, etc. You don’t need to use the “free” version. I use the regular “versatile” product you can buy at Costco. As with all cleaners, the key is to rinse well.

Ok great thanks guys!!!

I’ve used it on everything (including keg lines), but the only thing you need to be careful of is letting the Oxyclean sit for 4+ days in a Better Bottle. It can eat through the plastic if given enough time.

It happened to me, but NB was cool about it and gave me a replacement.

Be careful. Things get slippery! Busted a carboy after cleaning it with oxyclean when it slipped out of my hands.

I’ve used it on everything (including keg lines), but the only thing you need to be careful of is letting the Oxyclean sit for 4+ days in a Better Bottle. It can eat through the plastic if given enough time.

It happened to me, but NB was cool about it and gave me a replacement.[/quote]
It typically only takes an hour or two for a hot Oxiclean or PBW solution to remove the crud from a plastic carboy.

NB went above and beyond if they gave you a free replacement for what sounds like “user error” to me. :wink: