Overcarbonated beer

A while back, I’d bottled an APA, and for various reasons didn’t touch any of it for a few months. Last summer, the carbonation was fine - I’d get a nice head when I poured a glass. But the last couple bottles I’ve opened foamed like crazy. I’m not sure what causes that, but is there anything I can do to “fix” it? Is there anything I can do to reduce all the foaming?

Thanks in advance–

if it is solely over-carbonation, you can un-cap, let sit for 15 min, and then re-cap.

if you have gushers, it might be an infection. does the beer taste thinner or have any kind of off-flavor?

[quote=“JPbrewer”]if it is solely over-carbonation, you can un-cap, let sit for 15 min, and then re-cap.

if you have gushers, it might be an infection. does the beer taste thinner or have any kind of off-flavor?[/quote]

Hmm. It definitely is a gusher. Naturally, I will have to try one this evening to see if the beer tastes thinner or has any off-flavors :wink: But honestly, it used to taste fine, and I don’t really recall any off-flavors with the last couple I’d tried - they seemed okay except that they foamed like crazy. This batch has been bottled for a while, and it’s only recently that I’ve noticed this problem. But I’ll do a taste test tonight and see if anything jumps out at me!

http://forum.northernbrewer.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=107743

More discussion here ^^^^ in Erupting Bottles thread started a few days ago.

cheers.