Outdoor Brewing in the cold

I was just telling SWMBO that these times make me want to pull the trigger on converting to electric. Brew in one spot, pump to my conicals… man… it’s tempting.

1 Like

I use my Blickman burner in the basement on my workbench. I just open a couple of windows and have a few bathroom fans that I mounted to the ceiling with eight inch flex ducts right on top of where I am working. I have never had a problem. I did convert my fuel source to NG. I don’t think I would want a 20 lb LP bottle besides me. I plan on brewing tomorrow if I was to be outside there is no way. It is suppose to be in the -double digits and snowing. At least it won’t be too hard to get the wort cooled down.

I’m gittin an itchy finger… May have to pull the trigger this winter. Sneezles61

Do you live in Minnesota if you don’t mind me asking

Whom are you axing? Ifn me, yes. 45 minutes south of Duluth. Sneezles61

Sorry yes I was asking you. At least you are out of the metro anyway. Still a busy area but very pretty.

I worked in the twin cities for 20 years, now 16 up hear. I have a hard time justifying going down there. Sneezles61

Damn you old son :wink:

MN here, too. I’m sitting on a bunch of big beer, but itching to brew… damned vortex. Maybe in January, it will be warm enough to brave the garage.

I don’t feel old… If some one is old, its gotta be old dawg… he’s got, old in his name! :grin: Sneezles61

Next week we can dig the leder hosen out for a few days! Maybe Kris Kringle will be really nice to you! Sneezles61

7 degrees here now…snows on the way here tomorrow.

What did I say about mild winters in VA? Wind chill in single digits tonight.

I went to MN once…in February…no thanks. Then I spent a night in jail there…for driving on an expired drivers license…seriously…no thanks. I’m sure it’s beautiful in the summer…all 2 weeks of it.

1 Like

I went on a conoe trip once up there it was nice. Always wanted to go back. Came down through Canada. Northern lake Superior just beautiful.

1 Like

Summer’s just as long and gross. Humid and unbearable. The two weeks is the combined time of our pleasant fall and spring. (then again, I think it’s time to melt away and die the second it’s over 70 degrees, so I’m kind of a baby about heat- Virginia would probably eat me alive).

1 Like

Haha…yea you’d melt in April here. I love hot humid weather.

Same here. Once it gets to 70° the heat is unbearable. Will be in Georgia for a couple of weeks this summer. Step son is getting married. Luckily within a half mile of the coast to have the cooling on shore breezes.

I don’t mind winter here. Only outside work is moving some snow once in a while.

Duluth has it all anyway. It’s the “Seattle of Minnesota”:grinning:

1 Like

Hot and humid is as bad as -20. One you can’t take off enough clothes and the other you can’t put enough on

I vacation in Ely MN twice a year in the boundary waters area. Love it there but never been there I winter.