Oud Bruin de Table question

I have done some research, but I can’t find an answer. I have a NB Oud Bruin all grain kit and I am wondering if I used a different yeast than the Wyeast Roeselare - what might I end up with? Just curious if anyone had a suggestion - not looking to make these ingredients into something specific - I just don’t know enough about recipes to guess at a different yeast. Thanks, John

Are you still looking to make a sour beer or just a regular brown ale? If regular brown you could use a generic english strain of some kind. If sour, then I think you should just stick with the Roselare.

Why are you looking to change the yeast they recommend in the first place?

Thanks for the responses. I am interested if the grains I have can be used to make something else - instead of the Oud Bruin. Just not interested in a sour beer now and wondered what other yeast would work out. I have had some bad luck lately with batches and wanted something that didn’t need to age for 6 months. John

Thanks for the responses. I am interested if the grains I have can be used to make something else - instead of the Oud Bruin. Just not interested in a sour beer now and wondered what other yeast would work out. I have had some bad luck lately with batches and wanted something that didn’t need to age for 6 months. John

Ah, makes sense. I am not familiar with the recipe for that.

I don’t think you’ll be too far from an english brown.