Original Gravity HELP

I just got done with with making my wort. Cooled it to 70 F and I added it to my 5 gal primary. Added the water up to the 5 gal mark checked my og, and it is 1.062 the kit says it should be between 1.080 -1.085. Should I worry about this or fix it? If so how should I fix it?

Thanks for all your help

So I’ve been doing a little more research about this, and I have come to the conclusion that I didn’t stir the wort in the top off water very well. So I stirred it in even more and now my numbers are getting even closer. It is at 1.076 but I’m still a little off of the 1.081 it needs to be. Should i just go ahead and pitch the yeast or add some sugar?

pitch the yeast.

and pitch a lot of it. you have a very high starting gravity.

With out a starter you would need three smack packs.

Or 1.4 packages of dry.

With a a starter and intemittent shacking you would need 1 smack pack in a 2.67L Starter.

with a stir plate, one package and 1.74L starter.

and pitch a lot of it. you have a very high starting gravity.

With out a starter you would need three smack packs.

Or 1.4 packages of dry.

With a a starter and intemittent shacking you would need 1 smack pack in a 2.67L Starter.

with a stir plate, one package and 1.74L starter.[/quote]

Okay this is my second extract kit I have ever made and the yeast packet seemed to have a lot more in it than my first extract one did

you underpitched if you used dry and/or liquid. just much much more if you used liquid.